OAK BROOK – The Oak Brook Park District will host the following events this summer promoting health and wellness in the community.
1.) Oak Brook Park District Cori’s Kids Triathlon
• What: Sponsored by the Cori Sikich Foundation, the fifth annual "Cori’s Triathlon" is one of the largest kids’ triathlons in Illinois for those who love to swim, bike and run.
• When: 8 a.m. June 7
• Where: Oak Brook Park District, 1450 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook
• Cost: $35 per child, ages 6-14.
2.) World’s Largest Swim Lesson
• What: Water parks, pools and aquatic facilities around the globe will host “The World’s Largest Swimming Lesson”, in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record and build awareness about the importance of teaching kids to swim.
• When: 10 a.m. to noon June 20.
• Where: Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road
• Cost: Free
3.) Preventative Health and Wellness Event
• What: In partnership with LifeSource Blood Center and Life Line Screening, Oak Brook Park District is hosting a wellness event featuring a blood drive and affordable health screenings. The health screenings, provided by Life Line Screening, check for potential issues related to vascular health and bone density, and take 60-90 minutes to complete.
• When: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 25
• Where: Family Recreation Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road
• Registration: Appointments are limited, so registration is required for a screening. Call 888-653-6441 or visit www.lifelinescreening.com/community-partners to set-up an appointment.