Police reports: Elmhurst for May 16
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
William Falkner, 46, of the 1400 block of South Cicero Avenue, Cicero, was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at 6:09 p.m. May 5 in the 300 block of South Route 83. Amber Ramirez, 35, of the 400 block of Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, was charged with retail theft, and Burnell Howard, 30, of the 4800 block of West Polk Street, Chicago, was charged with no insurance, having a defective windshield, unsafe tire, driving while license revoked and operating a vehicle with suspended registration.
• Ismael Jimenez, 20, of the 100 block of East Naperville Road, Westmont, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to signal and improper lane use at 3:05 a.m. May 8 at Route 83 and Elizabeth Street in Villa Park. Passenger Joel Hernandez-Gomez, 21, of the 300 block of West Naperville Road, Westmont, was charged with illegal transportation of alcohol.
• Piotr Dyczewski, 70, of the 900 block of East Old Willow Road, Prospect Heights, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage at 9:33 p.m. May 8 in the 600 block of South York Road.
• Goriana D. Alexander, 40, of the 600 block of South Cambridge Avenue, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and leaving the scene of a property damage accident at 5:52 p.m. May 9 at Schiller Street and Willow Road.
• Dennis Hayden, 22, of the 1500 block of Harding Avenue, Berkeley, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, disobeying a red light and improper lane usage at 1:13 a.m. May 10 at York Street and Robert T. Palmer Drive.
• Dylan Horne, 18, of the 100 block of Rex Boulevard, and Mark Young, 18, of the 300 block of Alexander Boulevard, were cited for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 7:08 p.m. May 6 in the 300 block of Alexander Boulevard after an officer heard someone yell "pig" out of the car when it drove by. Horne was also cited for obstructed windshield.
• Jordan Patterson, 22, of the 100 block of Englewood Avenue, Bellwood, was cited for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and not having valid registration at 4:33 p.m. May 7 at Kenilworth Avenue and St. Charles Road.
• Seyed J. Behbin, 24, of the 5600 block of West School Street, Chicago, was charged with unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, defective windshield and texting while driving at 6:34 p.m. May 9 at York Street and North Avenue.
• Daniel Oller, 29, of the 6700 block of 16th Street, Berwyn, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 10:45 p.m. May 11 at Lake and York streets.
Drug paraphernalia possession
Monica Vargas, 22, of the 100 block of George Street, Bensenville, was charged with failure to yield turning left and possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:32 p.m. May 10 in the 600 block of North York Street.
Charlene Radecki, 61, of the 700 block of Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was cited for public intoxication and possession of open alcohol at 6:58 p.m. May 8 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
Unlawful use of intoxicating compounds
Gonzalo Ortega, 39, of the 0S500 block of Kirk Avenue, was charged with unlawful use of intoxicating compounds at 2:38 p.m. May 11 in the 600 block of South York Street for inhaling the contents of a can of multi-purpose duster for keyboards and electronics.
• Benjamin Whitford, 19, of the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue, was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor at 2:18 a.m. May 10 at Rex Boulevard and St. Charles Road.
• Samuel Carlson, 19, of the 9000 block of Wildrose Lane, Marengo, was charged with open alcohol in public, consumption of alcohol by a minor and possession of false identification at 12:16 a.m. May 11 at Montrose and Hillside avenues.
• Sean Wetherell, 20, of the 3200 block of 36th Avenue, Rock Island, was cited for consumption of alcohol by a minor at 12:17 a.m. May 11 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
Contributing to the delinquency of a minor
A 49-year-old man was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor at 11:40 a.m. May 11 in the 300 block of Commonwealth Lane after he instructed his son, a minor who was driving, to continue driving after he knowingly struck a parked car in Elderidge Park.
Trespass to Railroad property
Elias Season, 34, of the 400 block of Ellsworth Avenue, Villa Park, was cited for trespassing on a railroad right of way at 5:17 p.m. May 6 at West Avenue and the Union Pacific Tracks.
An Elmhurst man reported his son wired $1,640 to someone in California as the first month's rent and security deposit for an apartment he found on Craigslist, between 9 a.m. April 28 and 1:46 p.m. May 5 in the 400 block of Church Street, but now the Craigslist post is gone.
A father reported his son opened several credit cards in the father's name and charged about $10,000 on them and used the fathers' existing credit cards to make unauthorized purchases as well as cash advances at 1:51 p.m. May 8 in the 100 block of East First Street.
• Someone called two businesses telling them to provide payment via Green Dot cards or their electric would be shut off that day at 1:11 p.m. May 7 in the 100 block of North York Street.
• A man walking through a backyard carrying a backpack and said he worked for a landscape company, jumped the fence and ran to a tan SUV when the homeowner questioned him at 11:30 a.m. May 9 in the 200 block of East Fremont Avenue. The car was last seen traveling northbound on York Street.
• A Walther P22 handgun and case, diamond ring, chain and ATM card were stolen from a home while the owner was on vacation between 7 a.m. May 2 and 8 p.m. May 5 in the 200 block of Arlington Avenue.
• A portfolio was stolen from a bag at 9 a.m. April 14 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
• Someone stole $220 from an Elmhurst man who applied for a loan via Google by providing bank account numbers and other personal information at 10:53 a.m. May 7 in the 500 block of North Myrtle Avenue. Someone from One Call Loans called and told him his monthly bill would be $220 and he needed to put money on a Green Dot card.
• A silver MacBook Air, worth $1,500 was stolen from inside an office between 1 and 4:45 p.m. May 7 in the 100 block of South York Street.
• A white envelope containing $720 in cash was stolen between 1:30 and 1:45 p.m. in the 200 block of North York Street after it was left on a table.
• A jewelry box containing approximately $1,920 dollars worth of jewelry and a Toshiba laptop valued at $800 were stolen from a home between April 2 and May 2 in the 100 block of East Lake Street. The owner said he left the sliding glass door unlocked when he left the house.
• Someone scattered a woman's undergarments in her closet and stole $6,000 worth of jewelry between 11 and 11:45 a.m. May 9 in the 200 block of East Grantley Avenue.
• Someone broke the rear driver's side door of a parked car and stole a beige and black purse containing credit cards, $80 cash, a driver's license and keys from inside between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. May 10 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• Someone stole $93.96 worth of merchandise at 12:40 p.m. May 10 in the 300 block of South Route 83.
Criminal defacement, damage to property
• Someone spray painted graffiti on the west wall of the underpass between 10 a.m. April 29 and 10:40 a.m. May 7 at St. Charles Road and Route 83.
• Three mailboxes were damaged between 3 and 4 a.m. May 8 in the 700 block of North Willow Road.
• Someone spray painted in two places on a church between 2:45 p.m. May 7 and 8 a.m. May 8 in the 900 block of South Kent Avenue.
• Someone spray painted a brick wall and utility box between 12 p.m. May 6 and 1 p.m. May 8 in the 300 block of Geneva Avenue.
• Two mailboxes were damaged between 12:01 and 5:29 a.m. May 10 in the 500 block of North Howard Avenue.
• A ComEd power line fell down on a parked car damaging the roof and windows at 4:21 p.m. May 10 in the 200 block of North York Street.
• Two window panes were reported broken on a detached garage at 11:30 a.m. May 9 in the 200 block of Columbia Avenue.
• Someone scratched a car between 1:30 and 2:45 p.m. May 11 in the 200 block of South Route 83.
A wallet was lost between 2 and 5 p.m. May 10 in the 1000 block of North York Street.
Two men dumped garbage into the dumpsters behind a business at 6:05 p.m. May 3 in the 800 block of North York Street.