1. 'Raise the Woof' comedy show WHEN: 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 9WHERE: Copley Theater, 8 E. Galena Blvd., AuroraCOST/INFO: The organization Help Save Pets will host "Raise the Woof," a stand-up comedy show. The fundraiser will feature pre-show appetizers and a cash bar, which will begin at 6:30 p.m. The comedy show will begin at 8 p.m. Raffle prizes and gifts, such as airline and Disney tickets, will be given away. Tickets cost $40 a person. A total of 200 tickets will be available for the event. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Mindy at 708-945-7800 or email@example.com.
2. Aranyas Bollywood Yoga WorkshopWHEN: 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, May 9WHERE: Shine Yoga Studio, 5 N. River St., BataviaCOST/INFO: Shine Yoga Studio in Batavia will host a Aranyas Bollywood Yoga Workshop. The event will feature a dance-yoga-cardio session set to Bollywood music; a henna tattoo workshop; and an Indian fashion trunk show. The event costs $30. For more information, visit www.just-shine.com or call 630-482-9700
3. Mother's Day weekend at Chez Moi WHEN: A Mother's Day High Tea event will take place from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 10; and a Mother's Day Brunch will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, May 11WHERE: Chez Moi Cafe and Catering, 415 W. State St., GenevaCOST/INFO: Chez Moi Cafe and Catering will host a Mother's Day High Tea event Saturday and brunch Sunday. Each event costs $30 a person, and reservations are required. For information, contact Beth Cull at Beth@ChezMoiGeneva.com or 331-248-0654.
4. Air Supply to perform at Arcada WHEN: 8 p.m. Friday, May 9WHERE: Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. CharlesCOST/INFO: The Australian soft-rock duo Russell Hitchcock and Graham Russell of Air Supply will make a return to the Arcada Theatre in St. Charles. The duo will perform its hits “Every Woman in the World,” “Here I Am,” “All Out of Love" and “Making Love Out of Nothing At All.” Tickets start at $39. For more information or tickets, visit oshows.com.
5. 'Be My Baby' at Steel Beam TheatreWHEN: 8 p.m. Friday, May 9; 8 p.m. Saturday, May 10; 3 p.m. Sunday, May 11WHERE: 111 W. Main St. in St. CharlesCOST/INFO: Steel Beam Theatre will present "Be My Baby." The play is about John, an irascible Scotsman, and an uptight English woman, Maude, who go on the journey of a lifetime when they are called upon to transport a tiny newborn – an experience that teaches them lessons about life and love. The play runs weekends Friday, May 9, through Sunday, June 1. Adults tickets cost $28 for adults, $25 for seniors ages 62 and older and $23 for students ages 16 and younger. For tickets, visit www.steelbeamtheatre.com.