Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
ELMHURST – Police are investigating a report of a suspicious vehicle and passenger who offered a 12-year-old girl a ride Tuesday.
According to a police news release, a man riding in a red car offered the girl a ride at 8:17 p.m. May 6. The car of unknown make and model was last seen driving eastbound on Third Street from Highland Avenue.
Police remind residents to report suspicious people, vehicles and activities by calling 911.
Impersonating an officer
ELMHURST – An Elmhurst man was arrested last week for impersonating a Chicago police officer.
Gary P. Fleming, 62, of the 400 block of South Hampshire Avenue, was charged with false impersonation of a police officer, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 5 p.m. April 28 at his home.
Officers responded to Fleming’s home after his neighbor told police Fleming approached him the day before while the neighbor was walking on the sidewalk in their neighborhood. Fleming pulled out a police captain’s badge, identified himself as a Chicago police officer, then displayed a black handgun in a side holster under his jacket, according to a police report.
When officers arrived at Fleming’s home the next day, he admitted to displaying the badge and revolver. Chicago police confirmed Fleming never worked for them, according to the report.
Arielle M. McKenzie, 25, of the 200 block of the West Brush Hill Road, was charged with domestic battery at 4:12 a.m. April 30 at her home.
• Kyle Hagerman, 29, of the 4500 block of East Monroe Street, Holt, Mich., was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, not having insurance, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:57 a.m. April 29 in the 500 block of West Grand Avenue.
• Melissa Bassi, 55, of the zero to 100 block of Golfview Drive, Northlake, was charged with two counts of DUI of alcohol and improper lane usage at 9:03 p.m. April 29 at York Street and North Avenue.
• Ann Dvorkin, 44, of the 500 block of East Highland Avenue, Villa Park, was charged with two counts of DUI of alcohol, speeding, improper lane usage and illegal transportation of alcohol at 2:20 a.m. May 1 at Monterey Avenue and St. Charles Road.
• Daniel J. Farrell, 64, of the 300 block of South Miner Street, Bensenville, was charged with DUI at 9:46 a.m. May 1 at County Line Road and Grand Avenue after medics found him slumped over in his car.
• Timothy Robbins, 22, of the 600 block of Cedar Avenue, was charged with DUI the influence of drugs, improper lane use, failure to leave information, possession of marijuana and resisting an officer at 8:44 p.m. May 2 in the 600 block of South Edgewood Avenue after he hit a parked car and ran from an officer.
• Darrius McCarty, 22, of the 500 block of West Division Street, Villa Park, was charged with possession of marijuana and improper lane use at 1:59 a.m. May 3 at Route 83 and Butterfield Road.
Jeffery J. Eggert, 25, of the 500 block of Rowhling Road, Addison, was charged with possession of marijuana, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:20 p.m. May 3 at York and Roosevelt roads. Passenger Anthony Pareigis, 22, of the 4400 block of Cross Street, Downers Grove, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Marcus D. Burl, 22, of the 100 block of Granville Avenue, Bellwood, was charged with failure to signal, operating an uninsured vehicle and possession of marijuana at 3:44 p.m. April 29 at St. Charles Road and Fair Avenue.
• A group of five teenagers were cited for possession of marijuana at 1:04 a.m. May 2 at Lake Street and Grand Avenue and violating curfew. The driver was also cited for only having one headlight, no valid driver’s license and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Antony C. Ownes, 21, of the 300 block of Great Oaks Court, Naperville, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, speeding and improper display of front registration plate at 7:33 a.m. May 3 at York Street and Gladys Avenue.
• Charlie S. Rubin, 19, of the 1200 block of Rhodes Lane, Naperville, was charged with possession of marijuana, underage consumption of alcohol, possession of alcohol by a minor at 3:31 a.m. May 4 at St. Charles Road and Route 83.
Theresa Romando, 54, of the 500 block of West Grand Avenue, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and criminal trespass to property at 11:39 p.m. April 27 near her home.
• Amanda Kummerow, 23, of the 700 block of Michigan Avenue, South Elgin, was cited with public intoxication at 3:12 a.m. May 2 in the 100 block of North Maple Avenue after ringing people’s doorbells and knocking on their doors.
• Brian D. Kowal, 36, of the 800 block of South Hillside Avenue, was cited for public intoxication at 6:53 p.m. May 4 in the 600 block of South Hillside Avenue after falling off a bike.
Lisa M. Fasano, 46, of the 200 block of Third Street, was charged with telephone harassment at 10:35 a.m. April 28 in the 300 block of North Walnut Street.
Magazine remains and ashes were reported at 8:33 a.m. May 3 in the 100 block of West First Street.
Someone let an Elmhurst woman’s dog off its leash in her backyard between 4:45 and 5 p.m. May 3 in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue. The dog returned later.
A woman reported the lock to her front door had been tampered with, but did not believe anyone gained entry between 2:45 and 3:20 p.m. April 28 in the 600 block of South Berkley Avenue.
• Someone stole $30.39 worth of fuel at 4:44 p.m. April 29 in the 300 block of West Butterfield Road.
• A rear sliding glass door was broken and the interior screen door knocked off its hinges at 9:50 a.m. April 30 in the 100 block of South Grace Avenue after police responded to a burglar alarm. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• Someone was seen on video surveillance on three occasions stealing $400 worth of baby formula at 6:15 p.m. April 24 in the 600 block of North York Street.
• Someone broke the left rear window of a car and stole a gym bag containing gym clothes between 6 and 6:45 p.m. May 1 in the 100 block of South West Avenue.
• Front and back license plates were stolen from a parked car between April 5 and May 2 in the 400 block of West Butterfield Road.
• Esperanza Aguiar, 51, of the 2300 block of North Mason Avenue, Chicago, was charged with retail theft at 4:49 p.m. May 3 in the 300 block of South Route 83.
• Two men stole $30 from one of their dates at 5:05 p.m. May 3 in the 900 block of North York Street.
• Two bicycles were stolen from a garage between 10 p.m. May 3 and 6:30 a.m. May 4 in the 400 block of North Elm Avenue.
• Three bottles of Grey Goose vodka, worth $90, at 5:03 p.m. May 4 in the 100 block of East Schiller Street.
Criminal defacement, damage to property
• Someone punctured two tires on two buses between 3:45 p.m. April 25 and 8 a.m. April 28 in the 500 block of West North Avenue.
• Someone spray painted several different areas around church grounds, including an air conditioning unit and the east wall of a church, between 1 p.m. April 27 and 5:30 p.m. April 30 in the 900 block of South Kent Avenue.
• Letters were marked on a garage between 1 p.m. April 27 and 5:30 p.m. April 30 in the 900 block of South Kirk Avenue.
• Someone spray painted a windshield black between 12 p.m. April 30 and May 1 7:35 a.m. in the zero to 100 block of Elm Creek Court.
• Someone spray painted on construction signs at 6:23 p.m. May 3 in the 100 block of Hale Street.
• Someone keyed the hood of a parked car and the trunk of another between 8 p.m. May 2 and 7:54 a.m. May 3 in the 500 block of Parkview Avenue.
• Someone broke the Pioneer Park entrance sign between 8 p.m. May 2 and 10 a.m. May 3 in the 500 block of Mitchell Avenue.
• Someone keyed a parked car between 7 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. May 3 in the 300 block of South West Avenue.
• Someone painted letters on electrical and telephone boxes between 2 p.m. May 1 and 5 p.m. May 3 in the 100 block of East Van Buren Street.
• Graffiti was reported at 2 p.m. May 3 in the 100 block of East Van Buren Street.
Someone dumped construction debris in dumpster behind another business at 4:26 p.m. April 28 in the 800 block of North York Street, but came back with police and removed it.
• A front license plate was lost between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. May 3 at Grand Avenue and York Road.
• An Illinois driver’s license went missing between 3 p.m. May 2 and 5 p.m. May 3 in the 400 block of South Kenilworth Avenue.