Boy Scouts of America Des Plaines Valley Council to host spring recruitment events
LA GRANGE – In an effort to bring area youth and families into the adventures of Scouting, the Boy Scouts of America Des Plaines Valley Council will hold several spring recruitment events throughout the suburbs.
Recruitment is meant for boys entering first through sixth grade and will include activities such as archery, bottle rockets, tents and knots and more.
Potential Scouts must register – for a $10 fee – either at the event or online at www.beascout.com.
Upcoming recruitment events will be held:
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 10 at Garcia Park, located at Wold Road and North Avenue, Northlake.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 17 at River Grove Moose Lodge, 8601 Fullerton Ave., River Grove.
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. May 18 at Twin Lakes Park, at the corner of West 59th Street and Williams Street, Westmont.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 24 at Broadview Park District, 2600 13th Ave., Broadview.
• 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. June 1 at Denning Park, 4903 S. Gilbert Ave., La Grange.
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. June 1 at Darien Community Park, 7100 Clarendon Hills Road, Darien.
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. June 8 at Lemont Park District, 16028 W. 127th St., Lemont.
• June 8 at First United Methodist Church, 100 W. Cossitt Ave., La Grange. Call 708-352-1250 for the time.
For more information on the events, contact Bart Zona at 708-354-1111, ext. 21.