Police reports: Glen Ellyn for May 1
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Glen Ellyn Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Benjamin A. Johnson, 35, 417 N. Main St., was charged with domestic battery at 11:41 p.m. April 15 in the 400 block of Main Street.
• Alfonso Garcia-Ochoa, 30, 420 N. Mill Drive, Addison, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content higher than 0.08, endangering the life of a child and driving while license suspended at 12:57 a.m. April 13 at Baker Hill and Woodview drives.
• Kristin M. Rude, 37, 2S464 Barclay Place, was charged with DUI of alcohol, DUI with a blood-alcohol content higher than 0.08, speeding and illegal transportation of alcoholic liquor at 12:07 a.m. April 14 at Roosevelt Road and Greenwood Street.
• Donald L. Mertes, 44, 1S728 Ridge Road, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane use at 2:17 a.m. April 18 at Roosevelt Road and Main Street.
Burglary and theft
• A black stereo, an orange Sharper Image bag, an Apple iPod Nano, orange Sketcher tennis shoes, a bottle of Animal Packs workout vitamins and two white workout wrist and knee straps, an estimated value of $540, were stolen between 12:01 and 9:30 a.m. April 17 in the 300 block of Larch Lane.
• The driver side rear window was broken and an Apple iPad Air, HP Elitebook 8570 laptop and 18V Ryobi One cordless drill were stolen between April 17 and 18 in the 500 block of Prince Edward Road. A broken rear window also was reported for a second car, from which nothing was stolen.
• A white and black Trek 4300 mountain bike was stolen between 9 p.m. April 17 and 7 a.m. April 18 from the parking lot at First Presbyterian Church, 550 N. Main St.
• A dog lead and pole, an estimated value of $36, were stolen from a front yard between 6:51 and 8:51 p.m. April 19 in the 100 block of Surrey Drive.
• Three Polaroid MP3 players valued at $103.88 were stolen at 11:30 a.m. April 14 at Walgreens, 324 Roosevelt Road. The suspect is described as a white man, about 6-foot, 2-inches tall, thin, wearing a red baseball hat and a black jacket with stripes.
After it was reported someone was trying to break into a vehicle, the vehicle was discovered to have scrapes and gouges on its window glass and rubber trim between 8 p.m. April 16 and 6 a.m. April 17 in the 300 block of Spruce Lane. The damage appeared to have been made by a pry tool or screwdriver. Nothing was missing.
Gregory A. Warfield, 22, 207 Regency Drive, Bloomingdale, was charged with possession of 30 grams or less of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:10 p.m. April 17 at Park Boulevard and Pennsylvania Avenue.
Two large tractor tires belonging to Glenbard West High School at 9:57 a.m. April 14 were rolled into Lake Ellyn.
• Graffiti was spray painted in the women’s bathroom and on the north exterior door at 1:29 a.m. April 15 at the Glen Ellyn Public Library, 400 Duane St.
• A grill was damaged at 7:41 p.m. April 15 in the 200 block of Tanglewood Drive.
• The front window was broken at 3 p.m. April 18 at Cab’s Wine Bar Bistro, 430 N. Main St.
• James H. Ourada, 48, 703 W. Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was charged with public intoxication at 9:12 p.m. April 17 at Park Boulevard and Montclair Avenue parking lot.
• Vincent F. Sabo, 50, 703 W. Liberty Drive, was charged with public intoxication at 2:34 p.m. April 19 at the Forest Avenue south commuter parking lot.