Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Byron Ramos-Hildago, 20, of the 2000 block of Ferrari Drive, Bensenville, was charged with driving without headlights when required, not having a valid driver’s license, not having insurance, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:51 p.m. April 6 at York Street and North End Avenue.
• Jack Copher, 18, of the 300 block of East Village Drive, Northlake, was charged with improper lane usage, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of alcohol by a minor at 8:13 p.m. April 7 at Chandler and Park avenues.
• Lucas Mertel, 20, of the 0 to 100 block of North Elm Street, Hillside and Travis Lanthorn, 19, of the 1200 block of Degener Avenue, Elmhurst, were charged with possession of marijuana at 12:55 a.m. April 9 at York Street and Butterfield Road.
• Krenly R. Perez, 29, of the 100 block of North Pulaski Road, Chicago, was charged with possession of marijuana, not having insurance and driving while license suspended at 2:30 p.m. April 10 at North Avenue and Route 83.
• Tyler Little, 20, of the 2100 block of 19th Avenue, Broadview, and Chanell Harris, 23, of the 1000 block of Highridge Road, Lombard, were charged with possession of marijuana and illegal transportation of alcohol at 7:30 p.m. April 10 at Cottage Hill Avenue and St. Charles Road. Little was also charged with consumption of a minor, and Harris was also charged with speeding.
• Derrick S. Parker, 25, of the 1100 block of North Hickory Avenue, Arlington Heights, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 5:15 p.m. April 11 on east bound Grand Avenue between Church Road and Weigel Avenue.
• Michael Klick, 32, of the 4300 block of Camelot Circle, Naperville, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and illegal transportation of alcohol at 2:58 a.m. April 12 at Virginia and York streets.
• Richard Gold, 31, of th 2000 block of North 17th Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, disobeying a traffic control device, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana at 5:43 p.m. April 8 at North and River Glen avenues.
• Xochilt Naranjo, 25, of the 1400 block of South Lombard Avenue, Berwyn, was charged with improper lane usage and two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol at 4:33 a.m. April 13 at the North Avenue and Route 83.
• Tanya Lagrimas-Cherni, 38, of the 700 block of North Geneva Avenue, was charged with domestic battery at 2:11 a.m. April 7 at her home.
• William C. Jensen, 48, of the 700 block of North Industrial Drive, was charged with public intoxication and battery at 9:08 a.m. April 10 in the 700 block of Larch Avenue after grabbing a medic’s hand and twisting it.
A small baggie of marijuana was found at 2:31 p.m. April 7 in the 100 block of East First Street.
Elmhurst officers responded with other Northern Illinois Police Arm System members to an immigration reform protest in Broadview. Twelve protesters who were blocking the roadway and refused to move were arrested at 8 a.m. April 8 at 25th Avenue and Roosevelt Road.
• William C. Jensen, 48, of the 700 block of North Industrial Drive, was charged with disorderly conduct at 4:51 p.m. April 9 at the Elmhurst Public Library after police found him to be intoxicated. While speaking with police, Jensen took a small bottle of alcohol from his sweatshirt pocket and drank it.
• Robert J. Calusinski, 63, of the 500 block of West Babcock Avenue, was charged with disorderly conduct at 7:02 p.m. April 9. When a man walking his dog whistled for the dog to get off of Calusinski’s lawn, Calusinski said he didn’t like the man’s whistle and told the dog to bite its owner. Calusinski admitted to having a few shots of rum.
• Stephen Hogberg, 26, of the 1800 block of East Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was charged with disorderly conduct at 1:53 a.m. April 12 in the 100 block of West Adelaide Street when he was found urinating in the parking deck.
Illegal cell phone use
Maria Hernandez, 42, of the 400 block of Green Oaks Court, Addison, was charged with use of an electronic device while driving, disobeying a traffic control device and not having a driver’s license at 5:11 p.m. April 9 at North Avenue and Shady Lane.
• A 16-year-old was charged with theft at 8:30 p.m. April 7 in the 300 block of South Route 83.
• A catalytic converter worth $400 was stolen from a car between 11:30 p.m. March 31 and 9:16 p.m. April 7 in the 100 block of East Lake Street.
• Katie E. Gillihan, 24, of the 200 block of Montgomery Lane, Wood Dale, was charged with retail theft at 7:47 p.m. April 10 in the 300 block of South Route 83 after stealing 23 items of clothing.
• Someone stole $155 worth of merchandise at 10:24 p.m. April 11 in the 300 block of Route 83.
• A parked car’s contents were found rummaged through after three people were reported shining flashlights into vehicles at 3:25 a.m. April 12 in the 100 block of Fellows Court.
• A white iPhone 5S in an aqua phone cover with a pink border and rhinestones was stolen between 3 and 5:15 p.m. April 12 in the 900 block of South York Street.
• Fransisco Dorado, 29, of the 0 to 100 block of 3rd Avenue, Arlington Heights, was charged with aggravated driving while license revoked, retail theft, obstructing identification and possession of drug paraphernalia at 7:33 p.m. April 12 in the 600 block of North York Road.
• Someone stole a rear passenger side tire from a parked car between 1:30 and 10:30 a.m. April 13 in the 400 block of East Park Avenue.
• Jones Guerrero, 51, of the 1900 block of North 17th Avenue, Melrose Park, was cited for retail theft at 1:49 p.m. April 13 in the 600 block of West North Avenue after stealing four items totaling $7.50.
• Someone used stolen credit cards to purchase $200 in gift cards at 9:54 p.m. April 7 in the 900 block of South York Road.
• An Elmhurst man reported creditloan.net accepted $400, but never provided him the $2,100 loan he was expecting between 4 p.m. April 10 and 4 p.m April 11 in the 300 block of East Yorkfield Avenue. When he called the company, someone advised him to send an additional $150.
• An Elmhurst man reported someone used his social security number to file a tax return at 2 p.m. April 8 in the 200 block of South Boyd Avenue.
• An Elmhurst woman reported she had never been a Comcast customer, but a collection company called her trying to collect $615.53 for a Comcast bill at 6:13 p.m. April 8 in the 400 block of Commonwealth Lane.
• An Elmhurst man reported someone opened a Citi Bank/Goodyear credit card in his name and charged $2,800 between 3 p.m. April 9 and 10 a.m. April 13 in the 400 block of North York Road.
Criminal defacement, damage to property
• Black paint was reported on an AT&T electrical box at 8:58 a.m. April 10 in the 200 block of East Third Street.
• A light pole was reported damaged at 2:04 p.m. April 8 in the 700 block of Linden Avenue.
• A yellow bollard pole used to protect the city electrical box was reported pushed over at 9:59 a.m. April 4 Maple and North avenues.
• Side mirrors were damaged on between six and eight vehicles between 8 and 11 p.m. April 9 in the 100 block of North Maple Avenue.
• A 3-foot-by-5-foot Elmhurst Park District sign was split in two, causing about $150 worth of damage, between 8 a.m. and 1:57 p.m. April 10 at Caroline Avenue and Schiller Street. Indistinct foot prints were found in the dirt leading up to the sign.
• Two 6-foot branches were broken on a white pine tree between 9 p.m. April 10 and 9 a.m April 11 in the 600 block of South Kearsage Avenue.
• Two mailboxes were damaged between 8 p.m. April 11 and 6:37 a.m. April 12 in the 400 and 500 blocks of North Emroy Avenue.
• Black marker was reported on two AT&T boxes at 5:48 p.m. April 12 in the 800 block of Linden Avenue.
• A 15-year-old and 16-year-old were charged with violating curfew at 2:33 a.m. April 12 at North Avenue and Route 83.
• An iPhone was reported lost at 3 p.m. April 7 in the 900 block of South York Street.
• A ring worth $1,500 was reported lost at 6:42 p.m. April 5 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• A gold and diamond ring worth $300 was reported lost between 10:30 and 11:50 a.m. April 9 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
• A purse containing makeup and a prescription was lost between 7 and 7:30 p.m. April 10 in the 900 block of South York Street.