Police reports: Brookfield and Riverside for April 23
Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Felony aggravated battery
A 20-year-old North Riverside man was charged with felony aggravated battery after he allegedly sucker-punched a 21-year-old Brookfield man, causing severe injuries to his face, outside of a Brookfield bar at 4 a.m. April 19.
Several female witnesses said Nicholas G. Patitucci, of the 9000 block of West 23rd Place, was bothering them when the victim told Patitucci to leave them alone. A short time later, the witnesses and the two men walked out the door of the Cordial Inn, 9207 31st St., where Patitucci punched the victim in the face then fled.
The victim suffered a broken bottom right jaw bone and wisdom tooth and will require surgery.
Patitucci later surrendered to police.
Police still are investigating Cordial Inn staff over possibly serving minors.
Suspicious van leads to burglary charges for 3
The report of a van driving suspiciously down an alley at night led to burglary charges against three 18-year-old males from Chicago around 4 a.m. April 19.
A woman who was sitting around a bonfire said she heard the crunch of gravel in the alley in the 9000 block of Sheridan Avenue and went to investigate. She saw a younger male walking around her neighbor’s vehicle and yelled at him. He then jumped into a white conversion van with a dark stripe and the vehicle sped off.
Brookfield police were notified La Grange officers had spotted the van the witness identified in the area of Blanchan and Rochester avenues and initiated a traffic stop. The witness positively identified the vehicle, which was then brought to the Brookfield Police Station. Inside, police found evidence from several recent burglaries in the area.
Demarco D. Collins, 18, of the 500 block of North LeClaire Avenue, and Joseph T. Allen, 18, of the 2400 block of West Madison Street, were each charged with two counts of burglary to a vehicle and one count of burglary to a garage.
Cory Seifer, 18, of the 800 block of East Pershing Road, was charged with one count of burglary to a garage.
Burglary and theft reports
• Several power and hand tools were reported stolen from a garage in the 4200 block of Elm Avenue April 19. Entry is believed to have been gained through a new, partially installed overhead door that was unlocked.
• Two flags, one American and one Polish, in stands, were reported stolen from a garage in the 3400 block of Park Avenue April 14. Entry was gained through an open overhead door.
• A vehicle was reported ransacked while parked in the alley behind a home in the 9000 block of Sheridan Avenue April 19. A small amount of change was taken.
• A black and chrome trailer hitch was reported stolen from inside a vehicle parked in a carport in the 9000 block of of Sheridan Avenue April 19.
Hit and run reported
A man from Suring, Wisc. who parked at 37 E. Burlington at 9:30 p.m. April 14 walked into the Riverside Police station after he noticed his vehicle had been damaged around midnight. The man reported that someone had struck and damaged the rear, passenger side bumper of his car while it was parked.
Someone spray painted a word on the sidewalk in front of a home in the 300 block of Gatesby as reported to police at 10:59 a.m. April 13. The Department of Public Works was contacted to pressure wash the sidewalk.
A Riverside Brookfield High School student reported that while in the locker room at the school he was punched twice in the nose by another student, as reported to police at 5:30 p.m. April 10. Parents of the student said they did not want charges pressed and said they would contact the school.
Disturbance, criminal trespass reported
Michael Straka, 45, of the 200 block of Shenstone Road, was charged with misdemeanor complaints for criminal trespass and assault around 10:45 a.m. April 10.
Burglary and theft reports
• A burglary was reported in the 100 block of Scottswood Road at 10 a.m. April 11. Drawers were found open in a first floor bedroom. Entry was gained by forcing open a front door.
• A burgundy-colored Trek 400 bicycle was reported stolen from a garage in the 400 block of Desplaines Avenue around 4 p.m. April 12.