LOMBARD – "Challenging" was the word Lombard Fire Battalion Chief Marty Coomes used to describe a dryer fire the department responded to Wednesday night in unincorporated DuPage County near Lombard.
The Lombard Fire Department responded to a report of a dryer fire at 8:09 p.m. Wednesday in a home located at 2S436 Lloyd Ave. in the Butterfield subdivision, according to a release issued Thursday by the village of Lombard.
All occupants were safely evacuated, according to the release.
The fire was soon upgraded to a general alarm, which brought assistance from Villa Park, Downers Grove and Oak Brook fire departments, as well as the Addison and York Center fire protection districts.
The blaze extended to the second floor and attic before being extinguished, according to the release. Damage is estimated at more than $150,000.
The fire is currently under investigation.