Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Hugo Sanchez, 21, of the 100 block of South 14th Avenue, Maywood, was charged with tinted windows, not having insurance, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:09 a.m. April 1 at North Avenue and Indiana Street.
• Brian G. Demumbrum, 44, of the 7900 block of South Neenah, Burbank, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:46 p.m. April 3 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
• Byron Ramos-Hildalgo, 20, of the 1000 block of Ferrari Drive, Bensenville, was charged with driving without headlights when required, no valid driver’s license, not having insurance, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:51 p.m. April 6 at York Street and North End Avenue.
• Nicholas Basalone, 28, of the 2700 block of Briarwood Court, Woodridge, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and making an improper U-turn at 12:45 a.m. April 2 at North Avenue and Route 83.
• Timothy Dunkle, 25, of the 5700 block of South Menard Avenue, Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to give information after striking an unattended vehicle at 1:51 a.m. April 5 in the Adelaide Parking Deck.
• Garrett Acker, 20, of the 200 block of North Cornell Avenue, Villa Park, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and consumption of alcohol by a minor at 1:55 a.m. April 6 in the 100 block of West Adelaide Street.
• Shannon Molenda, 44, of the 400 block of Itasca Street, Wood Dale, was charged with improper lane use and two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol at 3:48 a.m. April 6 at Roosevelt and Butterfield roads.
Sherman Darnell Boyd, 21, of the 11000 block of South Esmond Street, Chicago, was charged with aggravated battery at 12:10 p.m. April 2 in the 800 block of North York Road after fighting with an officer. Saadia Thomas, 27, of the 13200 block of South Riverdale Avenue, Chicago, was charged with resisting an officer and was transported to the Oak Lawn Police department for a warrant and a stolen car investigation.
• Lawrence Prograis, 18, of the 4500 block of Oakland Avenue, St. Louis, Miss., was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor at 12:56 a.m. April 4 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
• Ryan Weier, 19, of the 1300 block of Rolling Oaks Drive, Carol Stream, was cited for consumption of alcohol by a minor at 2:11 a.m. April 4 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
• Robert Zuccaro, 20, of the 100 block of South Wood Dale Road, Wood Dale, was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor at 3:07 a.m. April 6 in the 200 block of North Maple Avenue.
Nicholas Webster, 22, of the 1200 block of Ash Street, Bensenville, was charged with disorderly conduct at 12:55 a.m. April 4 in the 100 block of North Addison Avenue after urinating in a parking lot.
Illegal cellphone use
• Rebeca Martinez, 22, of the 1800 block of North 35th Avenue, Stone Park, was charged with illegal cellphone use, no valid driver’s license and failure to secure a child under 8 years old at 11:40 a.m. April 4 in the 100 block of East Grand Avenue.
• Marvin Zacarias, 21, of the 900 block of Glendale Street, Bensenville, was charged with using his cellphone while driving, not having insurance and not having a driver’s license.
Konstantinos Loizos, 58, of the 0 to 100 block of South Main Street, Glen Ellyn, was charged with criminal trespassing at 11:26 a.m. April 4 in the 100 block of East Schiller Street.
• Christine S. Jaroscak, 45, of the 800 block of Hawthorne Avenue, was charged with retail theft at 7:30 p.m. April 4 in the 900 block of South York Street after stealing a bottle of wine.
• Nafeesa T. Ain, 29, of the 10400 block of Betty Court, Rosemont, was charged with retail theft at 4:02 p.m. April 5 in the 200 block of South Route 83 after stealing several items of clothing.
• Someone punched in the front door locks, cut a hole in a safe, damaged security cameras and threw around electronics between 9:30 p.m. March 31 and 8:40 a.m. April 1 in the 600 block of West North Avenue. It was unknown if anything had been stolen.
• A wallet containing an Indiana driver’s license, insurance card and various credit cards was stolen along with two inactive Samsung Galaxy cell phones, a black Garmin GPS unit, mount and a black suede baseball cap all valued at $1,000 between 8:30 p.m. March 30 and 5:40 a.m. April 1 in the 100 block of Harbour Terrace.
• Two teens were video taped leaving a store on a motorized wheelchair valued at $5,000 at 7:59 p.m. April 1 in the 200 block of South Route 83.
• A Garmin GPS worth $102 and $2 in change were stolen from an unlocked car between 6:30 p.m. April 2 and 7 a.m. April 3 in the 200 block of Niagara Avenue.
• A pair of $250 sunglasses were stolen from inside an unlocked car between 4 p.m. April 2 and 11 a.m. April 3 in the 600 block of South Cambridge Avenue.
• An unlocked car was ransacked between 6 p.m. April 2 and 9 a.m. April 3 in the 200 block of East Crescent Avenue. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• Seven vehicles were entered between 8 p.m. April 2 and 7:45 a.m. April 3 in the 500 and 600 blocks of South Chatham Avenue. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• Two black iron chairs worth $400 were stolen between 9 a.m. Feb. 18 and 8 p.m. March 31 in the 300 block of North Highview Avenue.
• A Travis Mitchell painting worth $500 was stolen from off an apartment wall between 4 and 6 p.m. April 4 in the 100 block of East Schiller Street.
A counterfeit bill was used at 8:49 p.m. April 3 in the 1000 block of South York Street.
A fraudulent check was reported at 4:31 p.m. April 5 in the 300 block of East North End Avenue.
Someone used another person’s information to obtain a tax refund at 1:45 p.m. April 4 in the 100 block of North Highland Avenue.
Someone drove up to an ATM, placed a sheet of paper over the camera and conducted 9 transaction with the same card at 6:27 a.m. April 1 in the 400 block of Lake Street.
Criminal defacement, damage to property
• A stop sign was found knocked down at 3:28 a.m. April 4 on the northeast corner of York and Fremont Avenue.
• White graffiti was reported on a city high voltage box at 8:37 a.m. April 5 in the 100 block of East Van Buren Street.
• Red and black marker was reported on a “no parking” street sign, a fence and door at 11:03 a.m. April 6 in the 900 block of South Kent Avenue.
Two 17-year-olds were cited for violating curfew at 12:19 a.m. April 1 at Marion Street and Arlington Avenue.