Police reports: Downers Grove for April 9
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Burglaries and thefts
• Coin-operated washers and dryers were damaged and change was stolen from the machines at 1 p.m. Friday in an apartment building in the 2100 block of Prentiss Drive for the fourth time in several weeks. About $1,500 in damage was done to the machines.
• About $760 in cash, a 2013 Compaq Presario laptop and a Ralph Lauren wallet were reported stolen from a residence between 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Thursday in the 5700 block of Walnut Avenue.
• Contents from two jewelry boxes were stolen from a home between 1:40 and 2 p.m. March 31 in the 5900 block of Chase Avenue.
• A catalytic converter was stolen from a parked vehicle between 2 and 4 p.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of 75th Street.
• A catalytic converter was stolen from a vehicle parked between 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of 75th Street.
• Shannon M. Pozek, 18, 5239 Meyers Drive, Lisle, and a 17-year-old were charged with retail theft at 2:11 p.m. Saturday in the 1200 block of 75th Street.
• Nicholas S. Gray, 32, 416 W. Meadow Ave., Lombard, was charged with retail theft at 1:39 p.m. Sunday in the 3300 block of Finley Road.
• Ashley M. Frazier, 22, 1001 S. Stewart Ave., Lombard, was charged with retail theft and possession of drug paraphernalia at 10:35 a.m. April 2 in the 1100 block of Ogden Avenue.
• Michelle McDonald, 36, 7315 Woodward Ave., was charged with retail theft at 8:50 p.m. April 2 in the 7300 block of Lemont Road.
Someone threw a concrete-filled bucket through the windshield of a red Chevrolet Impala parked between 8:30 p.m. March 28 and 8:25 a.m. March 29 at a dealership in the 1400 block of Ogden Avenue. A second vehicle’s windshield also was shattered.
Margaret R. Maka, 20, 734 Norbury Ave., Lombard, was charged with battery at 11:27 a.m. April 1 at Good Samaritan Hospital.
Attempted domestic battery
Michael Papesh, 50, 412 Sherman St., Downers Grove, was charged with attempted domestic battery and criminal damage to property at 6:36 p.m. Sunday at his residence.
Victoria C. Bell, 2100 Best Place, Aurora, was charged keeping a place of prostitution and unlawful possession of marijuana at 9:58 p.m. April 2 in the 1100 block of Butterfield Road.
• Chris McKinney, 33, 43 W. Fountainhead Drive, Westmont, was charged at 2:27 a.m. Sunday with driving under the influence of alcohol, disobeying a traffic control device and operating an uninsured vehicle at the intersection of 63rd Street and Fairview Avenue.
• Raymond R. Tillotson, 21, 40 W. 59th St., Westmont, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of a suspended license and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at 7:22 a.m. Saturday at Fairview and Maple avenues.
• Angel Jimenez-Arellano, 29, 318 W. Naperville Road, Westmont, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, operating an uninsured vehicle, no seat belt and open alcohol at 11:40 p.m. Friday at Main Street and 60th Place.
• Cynthia K. Johnson, 51, 501 Preston Drive, Bolingbrook, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 12:12 p.m. Friday in the 4300 block of Prince Street.
• Gregory Sullivan, age not provided, 1018 Sean Circle, Darien, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding and improper lane use at 12:51 a.m. March 18 at 55th and Middaugh streets.
Rico J. Howard, 33, 236 S. Kingery Court, Willowbrook, was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana at 8:29 p.m. Thursday in the 8000 block of Lemont Road.