Leahy: Take a break for fun with Bolingbrook Park District events
Spring Break is here or coming for most area students, and the change in routine is both a blessing and a curse for parents. While the break is a welcome chance to get away from over-scheduled routines, the challenge of finding new and inventive activities to engage your children can be daunting.
The Bolingbrook Park District provides a wide array of programs, parks and events that offer parents a solution for spring break boredom. From spending some free time at one of our many parks or playgrounds, to diving into action at Pelican Harbor, there’s no shortage of fun. Highlights include:
• Explore the great outdoors with full-day nature camp for children 6-14 years at Hidden Oaks Nature Center from April 7-11.
• Wacky Water Week at Pelican Harbor Indoor Aquatic Park means themed games and activities from 12:30-5 p.m. daily, along with extended public swim hours (noon-8 p.m.) during the week.
• Vertical adventures await on our Climbing Wall, located at the Annerino Community Center. Open climb hours are from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, April 8, and from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 10.
• Open Gym hours at both the Bolingbrook Recreation & Aquatic Complex on from 1 to 5 p.m. April 7, 10 and 11, at the Annerino Community Center from from 3 to 5 p.m. April 7-8 and 10-11. Daily admission fee and student ID required.
• Learn something new and exciting in one of our specialty camps, including Amigos Spanish Club, Checkmate Chess Camp and Stage Stars Camp. See website for details. Registration is available at any community center.
• Tumble into fun at our unique Gymnastics Arena at the Annerino Community Center. Gymnastic drop-in programs for ages 3-years and up are offered on spring break. Call or see website for details.
• Boughton Ridge Golf Course is open for the season and offers kids and parents alike a chance to try the sport in an affordable fashion. All rounds are just $15 in 2014.
• Plan some activities now and relax knowing the kids will have a great time. We’re excited about Spring Break … remember, Bolingbrook Park District is “Where the Fun Is!”
Dan Leahy is marketing and communications manager for the Bolingbrook Park District