WESTERN SPRINGS – The Western Springs Fire Department responded to a call for a roof and chimney fire at 4:25 p.m. Sunday.
The fire, located in the 4300 block of Central Avenue, extended into the attic above the master bedroom and bath. Firefighters contained the fire to the attic and wall space of the master bedroom and bath, according to the fire department.
The home, which was safely evacuated, has an estimated damage of about $100,000.
There were no injuries reported in the fire, according to the fire department. The origin and cause of the fire is still being determined by investigators.
Mutual aid was brought in from the Hinsdale Fire Department, Pleasantview Fire Protection District, La Grange Fire Department, La Grange Park Fire Department, Oakbrook Fire Department and Westmont Fire Department.