Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Possession of crack
Nicholas Bender, 21, of the 800 block of North Willow Road, was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, improper turn and no headlights when required at 4:34 p.m. Feb. 20 at York Street and Grand Avenue after police found a cocaine straw, pipe and crack cocaine residue in a bag in his possession.
Possession of marijuana charged
• Paul Muniz, 19, of the 400 block of West North Avenue, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding at 5:34 p.m. Feb. 19 at Third Street and Ridgeland Avenue.
• Rashad Mason, 35, of the 2200 block of Stewart Avenue, Lombard, was charged with possession of marijuana, driving while license revoked, resisting arrest and attempting to obstruct justice at 7:17 p.m. Feb. 21 in the 200 block of East Butterfield Road after fleeing on foot when police pulled him over. Passenger Takesha Dorsey, 33, of the 500 block of South 7th Avenue, Maywood was also charged with possession of marijuana.
• Justina Pikul, 23, of the 800 block of South Wisconsin Avenue, Villa Park, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding at 4:29 p.m. Feb. 22 at Route 83 and Interstate 290.
• Mateo Ledezma, 25, of the 200 block of North Mill Road, Addison, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia and improper lane use at 1:08 a.m. Feb. 23 at Route 83 and North Avenue.
• Joseph B. Rooney, 53, of the 500 block of Yosemite Trail, Roselle, was charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol and three counts of improper lane use at 3:39 a.m. Feb. 23 at North and Berteau avenues.
• Keshauna R. Marks, 35, of the 500 block of Easton Lane, Romeoville, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, illegal transportation of open alcohol and improper lane use at 4:44 a.m. Feb. 23 on Route 83 at the quarry entrance.
Possession of drug
• Leyland C. Young, 21, of the 800 block of Foxworth Boulevard, Lombard, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 10:49 a.m. Feb. 21 at Butterfield and Roosevelt roads.
• Robert Kelly, 51, of the 200 block of East Butterfield Road, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:54 p.m. Feb. 21 at his home after police found a crack cocaine pipe in his apartment.
Derek McGeoch, 61, of the 800 block of South Hillside Avenue, was charged with battery at 10:30 a.m. Feb. 22 in the 100 block of North Robert T. Palmer Drive.
Thefts, burglaries charged
• Jose Jacquez, 42, of the 600 block of East Grant Highway, Marengo was charged with retail theft at 5:10 p.m. Feb. 18 in the 600 block of North York Road after taking a cart full of groceries.
• Keanna Hoggan, 19, of the 300 block of South West Avenue, was charged with retail theft at 9:03 p.m. Feb. 19 in the 300 block of South Route 83 after taking several clothing items.
• Tuba Arshad, 26, of the 18W200 block of Standish Lane, Villa Park, was charged with retail theft at 7:38 p.m. Feb. 20 after taking $60 worth of jewelry.
• Anthony Johnson, 50, of the 1200 block of North Irving Avenue, Berkeley, was charged with retail theft at 5:44 p.m. Feb. 21 in the 100 block of Schiller Street after stealing six bottles of liquor.
• A catalytic converter was stolen off of a white Chevrolet Express van between 12:15 a.m. Feb. 18 and 11:30 a.m. Feb. 19 in the 900 block of South Riverside Drive.
• Someone stole $150 from a wallet in a locker room between 8 a.m. Feb. 3 and 4:30 p.m. Feb. 5 in the 700 block of West Lake Street.
• A former employee reportedly did not return company property including a laptop, cellphone, building keys and credit card at 1:40 p.m. Feb. 18 in the 300 block of West Lake Street.
• The deadbolt on a detached garage was broken and three nail guns were stolen between midnight Feb. 16 and 3:29 p.m. Feb. 23 in the 300 block of East Fullerton Avenue.
Identity theft reported
• A credit card was reportedly used to make several unauthorized purchases at 2:06 a.m. Feb. 20 in the 300 block of East Crescent Avenue.
• An Elmhurst resident reported an outstanding debt on her credit report for Comcast, but never had a Comcast account at noon Jan. 24 in the 200 block of Route 83.
Disobeying a traffic
control device charged
A 17-year-old was charged with not having a valid driver’s license and disobeying a traffic control device at 4:26 p.m. Feb. 21 at York Street and Grand Avenue after almost hitting a police car while making a U-turn.
Suspicious circumstances reported
An Elmhurst resident reported that, after she believes a white Lexus parked in front of her house activated her garage security light, she turned on her back deck lights and saw someone standing on her porch at 10:20 p.m. Feb. 20 in the 300 block of South York Street. The person fled from her backyard and the Lexus pulled away. Police did not find any foot prints in the snow around the porch or house.
Underage drinking charged
• Landon Bruni, 20, Andrew Otis, 19, Cal Vrchota, 18, Michael Giangreco, 19, all of the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue, and Olivia Schoch, 20, of the 600 block of Stratford Drive, Washington, Ill., were charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor at 11:08 p.m. Feb. 21 in the 500 block of Lorraine Avenue. Schoch was also charged with possession of alcohol and Giangreco was also charged with obstructing an officer after attempting to run from police.
• Brooke McKinney, 19, of the 300 block of 32nd Avenue, Bellwood, was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor at 2:36 a.m. Feb. 22 in the 900 block of Riverside Drive. A 16-year-old with McKinney was charged with possession of marijuana and violating curfew.
Criminal damage to property reported
• Grey swirl marks were reported on the hood of a parked car at 3:46 p.m. Feb. 22 in the 100 block of East Brush Hill Road.
• A passenger side window was broken and a glove box was ransacked, but nothing seemed to be missing between 10:12 and 10:56 p.m. Feb. 23 in the 500 block of West Grand Avenue.
Illegal transportation of alcohol charged
Jimmy Wolford, 41, of the 1400 block of Albany Court, Schaumburg, was charged with illegal transportation of alcohol, improper lane usage and operating uninsured vehicle at 4:17 p.m. Feb. 22 at North Avenue and Interstate 290.
A 15-year-old was cited for truancy at 8:12 a.m. Feb. 18 in the 300 block of West St. Charles Road after missing 199 class periods since the beginning of third quarter.
A white iPhone with a black case was found at 11 a.m. Feb. 22 in the 100 block of South York Road.