Smoke leads to brief evacuation of Lemont daycare center

Published: Monday, Feb. 24, 2014 4:42 p.m. CDT

LEMONT – The Lemont Fire Protection District responded to smoke coming from a broken furnace belt Monday afternoon at the Learning Experience, 15434 W. 127th St.

According to Battalion Chief Matt Peksa, the daycare center called the district after seeing smoke coming from the attic and evacuated the students.

Peksa said the children were outside for 10 minutes before the responding firefighters found the source of the smoke and determined it was safe to go back in.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Suburban Life Media.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all SLM instances for analytics purposes.

Hinsdale police seek to identify burglary suspect

More videos »
 

Reader Poll

What kind of business do you most frequent in your town?
Restaurants
Bars
Retail (shopping)
Service (salon, spa)

COOKIES:
ZONE:
LAT:
LNG:
CAT:
CHAN:
CITY: