Mostly Cloudy
30°FMostly CloudyFull Forecast

Police: 13 people taken to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning in Cicero

Published: Monday, Feb. 24, 2014 5:06 p.m. CST

CICERO – According to police reports, 13 people were rushed to MacNeal Hospital for symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning at about 9:24 p.m. Feb. 22.

Cicero fire and police officials were called to the 1600 block of South 48th Court on a call of possible carbon monoxide poisoning. Officials found numerous victims in various stages of exposure.

Police said the homeowner had disconnected the residence's carbon monoxide detector because he thought it was malfunctioning after when it was continuously sounding an alarm.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Suburban Life Media.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all SLM instances for analytics purposes.

Lemont varsity cheerleaders half-time

More videos »
 

Reader Poll

What's your ideal Valentine's Day date?
Sharing popcorn on the couch
Dinner and a movie
Weekend getaway
It's just another day