Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Woman smashes Elmhurst officer’s hand
A Woodridge woman smashed an Elmhurst police officer’s hand in her door when police were trying to assist her.
Nancy Petersen, 36, of the 7300 block of Woodward Avenue, Woodridge, was charged with battery, possession of drug paraphernalia, improper parking on a road and operating an uninsured car at 4:04 a.m. Feb. 16 at Lake Street and Route 83.
During a motorist assist, Petersen became upset and uncooperative. She pushed her driver side door open into an officer and shut it on the officer’s hand. Petersen attempted to leave in her vehicle, but police stopped her.
While searching her car, police found three marijuana pipes. Petersen was taken to the police station and released on bond.
• Sandra Stolzenbach, 66, of the 100 block of West Brush Hill Road, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol at 12:27 a.m. Feb. 14 in the 100 block of East Brush Hill Road.
• Anjum Chohan, 36, of the 300 block of North Dalewood Avenue, Wood Dale, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and driving without headlights at 2:08 a.m. Feb. 16 at Lake Street and West Avenue.
• Guillermo Davalos, 30, of the 300 block of Belmont Drive, Romeoville, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage at 4:08 a.m. Feb. 16 at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
Possession of marijuana charged
• Ronald Beyer, 19, of the 300 block of East North End Avenue, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of alcohol by a minor and load exhaust at 11:15 p.m. Feb. 13 at Butterfield Road and Prospect Avenue.
• Christina Saez, 24, of the 4800 block of Potomac Avenue, Chicago, was charged with possession of marijuana at 1:22 a.m. Feb. 14 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• Edwin Mazon, 18, of the 2500 block of Dora Street, Franklin Park, and a 17-year-old were charged with possession of marijuana at 3:54 p.m. Feb. 14 at Lake Street and Grand Avenue. Mazon also was charged with failure to wear a seat belt.
• John Maddaleni, 45, and David Curtis, 25, both of the 0N600 block of Pleasant Hill Avenue, Wheaton, were charged with retail theft at 12:20 p.m. Feb. 11 in the 300 block of South Route 83 after stealing $109.36 worth of items in a bag containing a dog and leaving the store. The dog was transported to an animal shelter.
• Cristian Rodriguez, 18, of the 4000 block of Wesley Terrace, Schiller Park, was charged with burglary and resisting arrest at 1:39 a.m. Feb. 15 in the 200 block of North Maple Avenue after a woman saw him leave her house.
• Nicole M. Vrame, 42, of the 1300 block of Fountain Green Drive, Crystal Lake, was charged with retail theft at 3:19 p.m. Feb. 17 in the 100 block of West North Avenue after stealing $49.70 worth of items.
• Someone stole a tip box containing about $100 in cash from a business at 5:11 p.m. Feb. 11 in the 400 block of South Spring Road.
• An iPad worth $300 was stolen from inside an unlocked car between 2 p.m. Feb. 12 and 5 a.m. Feb. 14 in the 100 block of East Fullerton Avenue.
• The spare tires from five parked trucks, worth $3,400, were stolen between 6 p.m. and Feb. 14 and 8:45 a.m. Feb. 15 in the 800 block of North York Road.
• Advil and Align products worth $415.74 were stolen at 3:45 p.m. Feb. 16 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
• A package stolen off of a back porch was reported at 12:25 p.m. Feb. 8 in the 100 block of Columbia Avenue.
• A rear window of a GMC Jimmy was shattered between 6 p.m. Feb. 12 and 7:07 a.m. Feb. 13 in the 400 block of South Argyle Avenue.
• A parked truck’s front passenger side tire was slashed between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Feb. 14 in the 700 block of North York Road causing about $250 worth of damage.
• A chalk drawing was reported and removed from an electrical box at 6:47 p.m. Feb. 17 in the 1100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
• A car was struck, possibly by a BB gun pellet, leaving about $500 worth of damage at 9:55 p.m. Feb. 17 at York and Madison streets. A round impression consistent with a BB gun pellet was also reported on a stop sign in the same intersection at 11 p.m.
Public intoxication charged
William C. Jensen, 48, with a last known address of the 3200 block of West Arthington Street, Chicago, was charged with public intoxication at 8:24 p.m. Feb. 17 at North and Kenilworth avenues.
Disorderly conduct charged
• Jeffrey Schneider, 25, of the 500 block of Berkley Avenue was charged with disorderly conduct at 12:58 a.m. Feb. 14 in the 100 block of Adelaide Street after urinating against a wall.
• Patrick Chukwu, 55, of the 7900 block of South Paulina Street, Chicago, was charged with disorderly conduct and driving without headlights at 3:44 a.m. Feb. 17 in the 1000 block of North York Street after urinating next to an air pump station.
Illegal transportation of alcohol charged
Abigail Idunate, 19, of the 2100 block of South 11th Avenue, Maywood, was charged with illegal transportation of open alcohol and use of an electronic communication device while driving at 1:07 a.m. Feb. 15 at Lake and Walnut streets.
A 15-year-old was cited for truancy at 8:45 a.m. Feb. 13 in the 300 block of West St. Charles Road.
• A wallet containing $20 cash, driver’s license, ID card, social security cards, credit cards and a Link card was lost between 5:40 and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14 in the 100 block of West First Street.
• A wallet containing a driver’s license and $10 cash was reported missing at 9 a.m. Feb. 16 in the 200 block of East Butterfield Road.