DOWNERS GROVE – The rising temperatures expected over the next several days combined with three-fourths of an inch of rain forecast for Thursday could bring possible flooding later this week, according to the Village of Downers Grove.
In preparation, village crews began clearing snow-packed storm sewer drains following the completion of snow-removal efforts, according to the village.
The village offered several tips for homeowners to reduce flooding
• Make sure downspouts are free of any ice.
• Make sure the sump pump is ice free and is able to discharge without any restrictions or obstructions.
• Check the battery on your back-up sump pump to make sure it is properly charged.
• If possible, clear the storm sewer drains near property.
• Sandbags are available at the public works facility located at 5101 Walnut Ave. Call 630-434-5460 to arrange a pickup.
• Call Downers Grove Public Works at 630-434-5460 if excessive water begins pooling on roadways.