Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Intoxicated man found drinking shampoo
An Elmhurst man was taken to Elmhurst Memorial Hospital after police found him drinking shampoo at Kmart.
Paul A. Marciniak, 38, of the 100 block of Fellows Court, was charged with disorderly conduct and possession of open alcohol at 1:41 p.m. Feb. 8.
Police responded to a call for an intoxicated person who was hitting customers’ shopping carts with his shopping cart at Kmart, 265 S. Route 83. When police arrived, they found Marciniak drinking shampoo out of the bottle.
Marciniak was taken to the hospital where police charged him and released him on bond.
Lonnie Cooper Jr., 44, of the 300 block of North River Glen Avenue, was charged with battery at 9:49 p.m. Feb. 4 at his home.
While assisting Villa Park Police with a narcotics search of a vehicle, a K-9 located 98 bags of suspect heroin concealed behind an interior door panel at 8:40 p.m. Feb. 5 at Riverside Drive and Route 83. Marijuana also was found.
• Lorraine Nehf, 21, of the 4700 block of Woodland Avenue, Western Springs, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, driving without headlights and illegal transportation of open alcohol at 1:53 a.m. Feb. 8 at York Street and North Avenue.
• Sagarkumar Patel, 24, of the 2000 block of Pine Street, Des Plaines, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and two counts of failure to signal at 1:56 a.m. Feb. 8 at North and Addison avenues.
Possession of marijuana
• Nashat Ruhman, 19, of the 9700 block of Nottingham Avenue, Chicago, was charged with possession of marijuana and unlawful use of an electronic communication device while operating a motor vehicle at 5:48 p.m. Feb. 7 at Butterfield Road and Route 38.
• Michael R. Parks, 34, of the 700 block of Rogers Road, Romeoville, was charged with speeding, not having insurance, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 6:34 p.m. Feb. 7 at York Street and Fremont Avenue.
• Lilliana Rangel, 21, of the 1100 block of North 14th Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, expired registration and not having insurance at 10:02 p.m. Feb. 7 at Lake Street and Route 83.
• Javaris Moore, 21, of the 700 block of Delta Avenue, Romeoville, was cited for possession of marijuana, driving while license suspended and not having insurance at 4:37 a.m. Feb. 8 at York Street and the Interstate 290 ramp.
• Brian M. Butler, 38, and Anna Levenson-Butler, 39, both of the 900 block of South Riverside Drive, were charged with possession of marijuana at 4:21 p.m. Feb. 8 at the Clarion Inn where they live. Anna Levenson-Butler was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
Three 16-year-olds were charged with retail theft at 4:56 p.m. Feb. 5 in the 300 block of Route 83 after stealing three pairs of headphones.
Kristen Gravelin, 19, of the 13000 block of 14th Avenue Northwest, Grand Rapids, Mich., was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor at 11:53 p.m. Feb. 8 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
Rey Bernales, 44, of the 0 to 100 block of 65th Street, Westmont, was charged with public intoxication at 1:50 a.m. Feb. 9 at Route 83 and Lake Street after running into traffic.
Attempted acquisition of a controlled substance reported
A pharmacist reported someone tried to pass a false prescription for 90 30-milligram tablets of Oxycodone at 8:30 p.m. Feb. 9 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
• Someone broke into a work van and stole about $1,500 worth of tools and caused $100 worth of damage to the van between 7 p.m. Feb. 6 and 7 a.m. Feb. 7 in the 500 block of West Grand Avenue.
• An iPhone 5 was reported stolen at 6:33 p.m. Feb. 7 in the 100 block of North York Street.
• Someone stole a wallet from inside a purse between 8:30 a.m. Feb. 6 and 8 a.m. Feb. 7 in the 700 block of West Lake Street.
Attempted unlawful use of ATM card reported
Someone driving a dark green minivan pulled up to an ATM, covered the camera with a piece of paper and attempted to complete eight transactions without success at 9:49 p.m. Feb. 5 in the 400 block of West Lake Street.
Identity theft reported
Someone opened a Citibank Expedia credit card in another person’s name and charged $674 between Jan. 14 and Jan. 31 in the 300 block of Prairie Avenue.
Public urination charged
Mark Hughes, 30, of the 19200 block of Grant Street, Lansing was charged with public urination at 1:57 a.m. Feb. 8 in the 100 block of South York Street.
Christian Rivera, 24, of the 1300 block of Fargo Street, Des Plaines, was charged with disorderly conduct at 2:17 a.m. Feb. 8 in the 300 block of Berteau Avenue after throwing a garbage can to the ground, shouting and cursing when his car was towed.
A tenant found the house he was leasing to have a broken front door window and a damaged side door and frame at noon Feb. 4 in the 100 block of North Geneva Avenue. There were also empty beer cans inside the house.
Disorderly conduct cited
Jimmy Koumoundouros, 52, of the 400 block of East Butterfield Road, was cited for disorderly conduct after shoveling snow onto his neighbor’s house and refusing to remove it at 5:56 p.m. Feb. 5 at his house.
• A window was damaged at the Elmhurst Train Depot between 1 p.m. Feb. 2 and 9 a.m. Feb. 4 in the 100 block of West First Street.
• Someone punched in the driver’s side door lock on a parked car between 10:30 p.m. Feb. 5 and 7 a.m. Feb. 6 in the 600 block of County Line Road.
Lost property reported
A handicap parking placard went missing from inside a car between noon Jan. 12 and 7:30 p.m. Jan. 17 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
Two bicycles were found lying in the snow at 9:02 a.m. Feb. 2 in the 200 block of May Street.