HINSDALE – Several wrestlers from area schools competed at the Class 3A Hinsdale Central sectional Saturday and earned berths to next weekend's state tournament. The top four finishers at each weight class moved on to state at the State Farm Center on the campus of the University of Illinois in Champaign.
• From Downers Grove North, Pat Walker finished second at 106 pounds and Nick Bonomo was fourth at 170.
• From Downers Grove South, Mike Hobbs was second (285), Joe Nugent was third (132) and Shawn Jager was fourth (160).
• Host Hinsdale Central saw Juwan Edmond (145 pounds), Matt Allen (220) and Brian Allen (285) all move on to state after claiming sectional titles.
• Hinsdale South will send Justin Maslow (145) and Josh King (220) on to the state finals. Both finished third in their respective weight classes.
• Johnny Mologousis was the lone state qualifier for Lyons Township with his fourth-place finish at 145 pounds.
• Ben Flores (126 pounds) and Qarin Johnnic (138) both qualified for Wheaton Warrenville South. Flores was fourth and Johnnic third.
The preliminary rounds for Class 3A begin at 5 p.m. Thursday. Championship matches are scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Saturday.