Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Jewelry reported stolen
Jewelry valued at more than $500 was reported stolen from a bedroom in a residence in the 500 block South Waiola Avenue Feb. 6. Residents believe the jewelry was stolen between Jan. 1 and Feb. 6.
April Strzezewski, 32, of the 900 block of South Seventh Avenue, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after crashing into a snow bank at the intersection of 51st Street and Sixth Avenue at 2 a.m. Feb. 9. Strzezewski was also charged with failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and not having valid registration.
Diane M. Rychlewski, 49, of the 5700 block of Ridgewood Drive, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol after police found her asleep and unresponsive behind the wheel of her car that was stopped in the road with the engine running. She was also charged with illegal transportation of alcohol.
Electronic device arrrest
Estuardo Luna, 29, of the 800 block of North 12th Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged with driving while license suspended after he was stopped for using an electronic device while driving. He was also charged with failure to wear a seatbelt.
Drive-off at gas station reported
A store clerk at Shell Gas, 11201 31st St., reported that someone pumped $35 worth of fuel to his gas tank, but drove off without paying Feb. 10.
Hit and run suspect apprehended
A Willow Springs man was charged with leaving the scene of a property damage accident that occurred in the 6500 block of Joliet Road Feb. 8. Lonnie Shamrock, 52, of the 8100 block of Rosemere Court, was also charged with failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. Police were able to track Shamrock with the assistance of the victim and other witnesses.
Carol Kunst, 60, of the 8900 block of Birch Lane, Hickory Hills, was charged with driving under the influence following a crash in front of McDonald's , 5701 S. La Grange Road, on Feb. 12. Kunst was exiting the driveway when she was struck by another vehicle. She was also charged with failure to yield and driving with an expired registration.
Tools were reported stolen from a construction site in the 9800 block of 55th Street Feb. 3.
Traffic stop results in drug paraphernalia charges
A River Grove man was charged with possesion of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop for speeding Jan. 27.
Anthony M. Decaro, 30, of the 8600 block of Palmer Street, was stopped for speeding in the 2600 block of Joliet Road. Two warrants for possesion of a controlled substance were also discovered during a records search. Drug paraphernalia was found in the car.
Decaro was additionally charged with speeding, having an expired driver's license and no proof of insurance.
• Erikdany Arreola-Dominguez, 36, of the 9700 block of Joliet Road was charged with driving with a suspended driver's license following a traffic stop for driving without headlights at 56th Street and East Avenue Feb. 12.
• Raunel Rodriguez Ortiz, 55, of the 6000 block of Lenzi Avenue, was charged with driving without a license after causing a four-car accident at Joliet and La Grange roads Feb. 11.
• Charles Purnell, 40, was charged with driving with a suspended driver's license after being stopped for driving on a suspended registration and expired plates. He was also charged with driving without insurance.
• Gregory Feranec, 29, of the 9300 block of 47th Street, Brookfield, was charged with driving on a suspended license following a traffic stop near 55th Street and La Grange Road Feb. 3.
• Arthur F. Jones, 41, of the 1200 block of South Emerald Avenue, Chicago, was charged with driving with a revoked license after being stopped for driving with only one headlight near 59th Street and La Grange Road Feb. 6.