Police reports: Bolingbrook for week of Feb. 12
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Bolingbrook Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Armed robberies reported
• An armed robbery occurred at a business in the 300 block of Brookview Lane about 12:17 p.m. Jan. 28. The suspect entered the store, asked for change, and when the victim opened the register, the suspect pushed the victim, displayed a handgun, stole cash and ran from the store. The incident is under investigation.
• An armed robbery occurred about 12:50 a.m. Feb. 3 near Cranberry Drive and Clear Lane. The victim states they left a party, got stuck in a snow drift and while attempting to push out the vehicle, two unknown subjects offered to help, then displayed a handgun and stole cellphones and laptop. The incident is under investigation.
• A change machine was drilled open and cash was stolen on Jan. 30 in the 600 block of West Crossroads Parkway.
• A men’s bracelet was stolen from a residence on Jan. 31 in the 100 block of North Ashbury Avenue.
• A victim was struck several times in the face, then had cash and a cellphone stolen between 1 and 1:30 a.m. Feb. 1 on Enclave Circle.
• A garage door was forced open and two space heaters were stolen from a residence between Feb. 1 and 2 in the 100 block of Farm Gate Lane.
• Two wallets were stolen from two victims’ coat pockets in the 1100 block of West Boughton Road between 1 and 2:10 p.m. Jan. 29.
• A wallet was stolen Jan. 28 at Fountaindale Library, 300 W. Briarcliff Road. A debit card was subsequently used to make three fraudulent charges.
• A 2013 Hyundai Elantra was stolen from a parking lot between 2 a.m. and 1:40 p.m. Jan. 31 in the 500 block of Preston Drive.
• A tote bag containing two cellphones, several credit cards, a checkbook and a handgun was stolen from an unsecured vehicle at about 9:05 a.m. Feb 5 in the 300 block of Woodcreek Drive.
• Two bluetooth speakers were stolen at about 2:19 p.m. Feb. 1 from Wal-Mart, 200 S. Bolingbrook Drive.
• A bottle of liquor was stolen at about 9:19 p.m. from Meijer, 755 E. Boughton Road.
• Arlene Pryor, 54, 228 Bristol Way, Bolingbrook, was charged with theft on Feb. 3 at Macy’s, 645 E. Boughton Road, after stealing money from the store register over a six-month period.
• Ryan Greene, 21, 1032 Spruce St., Glendale Heights, was charged with retail theft, battery and three counts of resisting following a call of a shoplifter about 2:42 p.m. Feb. 5 at Wal-Mart, 200 S. Bolingbrook Drive.
Assault, battery charges
• Justin Emerson, 28, 321 Rosebud Court, Bolingbrook, was charged with assault about 6:48 p.m. Feb. 5 following a call to the residence for a domestic disturbance.
• Ruth Matchette-Tucker, 52, 410 E. North St., Manhattan, was charged with battery about 7:35 p.m. Jan. 31 in the 500 block of S. Bolingbrook Drive after fighting with officers following a call to a business.
• Lee Misher, 29, 515 Thomas Road, was charged with aggravated assault about 4:11 p.m. Feb. 4 following a traffic stop resulting from a road rage incident at the intersection of Boughton Road and Janes Avenue.
• McKale Mitchell, 23, 300 Woodcreek Drive, was charged with domestic battery, aggravated battery, criminal damage to property and resisting a peace officer about 10:05 p.m. Feb. 4 following a call to the residence.
Mercedes Harris, 20, 540 Pinebrook Drive, Bolingbrook, and Victor Mendez, 21, 3016 W. Nantucket Drive, Joliet, were both charged with criminal trespass to residence, and Jorge Diaz-Tapia, 28, 219 W. Oakley Drive, Chicago, and Gilberto Zavala, 540 Pinebrook Drive, Bolingbrook, were charged with criminal trespass to residence and an in-state warrant at about 9:16 p.m. Jan. 30 in the 100 block of Malibu Drive following a report of suspicious persons.