Police reports: Downers Grove for week of Feb. 12
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
A 500-gallon propane tank on a construction job site was reportedly emptied of its contents between 3 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday in the 1140 block of Ogden Avenue. The contractor found the tank empty with its valve open the day after filling it up. The stolen propane was valued at $1,300.
• Donald K. Jewell, 25, 2113 Hilldale Lane, Glendale Heights, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, disobeying a traffic control signal, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and operating an uninsured vehicle at 1:44 a.m. Feb. 3 at 64th Street and Belmont Road.
• Adam J. Zapfel, age not given, 311 E. 59th St., Hinsdale, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding, disobeying a traffic control device, improper lane use and failure to signal at 11:42 p.m. Jan. 16 at Lyman Avenue and 55th Street.
• Brandi L. Otto, 37, 134 N. Cass Ave., Westmont, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 7:18 p.m. Feb. 3 at Franklin Street and Douglas Road.
Hanna C. Davies, 23, 839 Sheridan Place, Downers Grove, was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana at 8:47 a.m. Thursday at Rogers Street and Douglas Avenue.
Paraphernalia possession charges
• Michael W. Orwat, 22, 1606 E. Elm St., was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 2:12 p.m. Feb. 5 at Butterfield Road and Route 53.
• Nathan M. Valtman, 20, 4227 Florence Ave., was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:45 p.m. Feb. 4 in the 200 block of Ogden Avenue.
• Tanner A. Hampton, 20, 4227 Florence Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:05 p.m. Feb. 4 in the 200 block of Ogden Avenue.
• Aire Garcia, 19, 105 McKool Ave., Romeoville, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 11:40 p.m. Feb. 3 at Belmont Road and Elmore Avenue.
Domestic battery charges
Karen L. Martin, 47, 4005 Williams St., Downers Grove, was charged with domestic battery at 1:29 p.m. Friday at her residence.
Reckless driving charges
Ricardo J. Guerrero, 25, 703 E. Fullerton Ave., Glendale Heights, was charged with two counts of criminal damage to property, reckless driving and hit and run at 4:07 a.m. Sunday at his residence.
Retail theft charges
Michael T. Kane, 23, 425 N. Park St., Westmont, was charged with retail theft at 3:43 p.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of 75th Street.