Overcast
51°FOvercastFull Forecast

Hart Road and Sunset Drive construction to begin this month

Published: Friday, Feb. 7, 2014 12:23 p.m. CDT

ROUND LAKE – The village of Round Lake has announced that construction will soon begin on roadway and stormwater drainage improvements on Hart Road and Sunset Drive. This project will include roadway widening on Hart Road as well as improvements to this congested corridor that is lined with industrial businesses and the transportation facilities for Round Lake Area School District 116, Round Lake High School and Middle School, accoring to a news release from the village.

The improvements will reduce traffic congestion along the Hart Road corridor and at the Cedar Lake Road intersection, and improve safety conditions for pedestrians and students attending John T. Magee Middle School and Round Lake High School. The inclusion of a new storm sewer on both Hart Road and Sunset Drive will mitigate flooding issues and enhance this important business corridor of the community.

The project limits of construction will be from Hart Road beginning at the Metra railroad tracks and continue east to Cedar Lake Road and Sunset Road at the intersection of Hart Road and continue north to West Long Lake Drive. All work is anticipated to be completed in the fall of 2014.

Improvements will include: roadway widening and reconstruction of Hart Road and resurfacing of Sunset Drive; traffic signal upgrades at the intersection of Hart Road and Cedar Lake Road; drainage improvements including a new storm sewer (Hart Rd and Sunset Drive); and installation of curb, gutter and new sidewalks with ADA ramps.

The Federal Surgace Transportation Program is funding 70 percent of this $47 million improvement project. Local funding is being used by the village of Round Lake for the remaining 30 percent.

The public is invited to obtain the latest project information and sign up to receive regular construction updates through the project website at www.HartRoadConstruction.com.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Suburban Life Media.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all SLM instances for analytics purposes.

Emilio Perez dedication ceremony in Villa Park

More videos »
 

Reader Poll

How concerned are you about ebola in the United States?
Not concerned at all
Concerned, but believe it's overblown
Concerned, it's not getting enough attention
Very concerned