Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Five cars burglarized
in parking lot
ELMHURST – A string of car burglaries happened between about 6:30 and 8 p.m. Jan. 22 in a parking lot in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
Windows to five cars were broken and items stolen from parked cars in the area. Stolen items included purses containing credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, cash, driver’s licenses and a social security card.
A Blackberry, Dell laptop and two iPhone chargers were also stolen.
Some reports mentioned witnesses might have seen one or two men in a white GMC in the parking lot around that time.
• Mark Monckton, 26, of the 1000 block of Euclid Avenue, Arlington Heights, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle and not having insurance at 1:11 a.m. Jan. 24 at Route 83 and North Avenue.
• Andrew T. Harmon, 42, of the 0S600 block of Old York Road, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane use and not having insurance at 3:03 p.m. Jan. 25 in the 500 block of South Spring Road.
• Roger A. Guzzi, 53, of the 1800 block of North Thatcher Avenue, Elmwood Park, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane use and resisting/obstructing a police officer at 1:34 a.m. Jan. 26 at North Avenue and Michigan Street.
Marijuana possession charged
• Jacob Briscoe,18, of the 12900 block of Grande Pines Boulevard, Plainfield, was charged with consumption of alcohol by minor, possession of a false identification and possession of marijuana at 3:40 a.m. Jan. 20 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
• Nicholas Eklund, 21, of the 9200 block of Almond Lane, Tinley Park, was charged with possession of marijuana at 9:08 p.m. Jan. 24 at South West Avenue and Fellows Court. Driver Frank Floro, 21, of the 100 block of Bobwhite Court, Bloomingdale, was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Karlie Northcott, 18, of the 900 block of Beau Drive, Des Plaines, Ryan Daugherty, 19, of the 5800 block of Luna Avenue, Chicago, David Moll, 21, of the 5400 block of West Rosedale Avenue, Chicago, and Brandon Birch, 20, of the 200 block of Mulberry Lane, Elk Grove Village, were charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 6:18 p.m. Jan. 26 in the 400 block of West Lake Street.
Drug paraphernalia possession charged
Eric Noriega, 32, of the 1600 block of West Le Moyne Street, Chicago, was charged with driving while license suspended, possession of drug paraphernalia and only having one working headlight at 12:07 a.m. Jan. 26 in the 1000 block of North York Road.
Public intoxication charged
John McGivney, 44, of the 100 block of Elm Tree Lane, was charged with public intoxication and resisting a police officer at 10:27 p.m. Jan. 26 in the 100 block of East First Street.
Identity theft reported
• Someone used a Credit Union account that belonged to someone else to make three withdrawals from an ATM at 7 a.m. Jan. 8 in the 500 block of West St. Charles Road.
• An Elmhurst man reported someone tried to purchase $1,945 headphones with his information at 11 a.m. Jan. 24 in the 400 block of South Prospect Avenue.
Sylvia L. Patterson, 54, of the 1400 block of 20th Avenue, Maywood, was charged with retail theft at 3:37 p.m. Jan. 24 in the 200 block of South Route 83 after stealing $40 worth of merchandise.
Burglaries, thefts reported
• An air compressor, five Toro snowblowers, three chainsaws, a Samsung 42-inch LDC television in a box, a Dewalt mitre table saw and a Dewalt 18 vault cordless drill were reported stolen from inside a garage at 3:42 p.m. Jan. 20 in the 300 block of Larch Avenue. A 600-pound capacity salt spreader and a snowblower were also stolen from outside the garage.
• Someone stole an unknown amount of over-the-counter cold medication at 4:15 p.m. Jan. 20 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
• A driver’s license, $25 in cash and debit cards were reported stolen from a clutch between 1 and 2 a.m. Jan. 19 in the 100 block of South York Street.
• Fog lamps were reported stolen and a bumper damaged between 11 p.m. Jan. 18 and 8 a.m. Jan. 21 in the 300 block of West Grand Avenue.
• Christmas presents totaling $1,500, were reported stolen at 3:42 p.m. Jan. 17 in the 200 block of East May Street.
• A wallet worth $50 was reported stolen between 8:30 and 10:30 p.m. Jan. 15 in the 300 block of West Butterfield Road.
• A Dyson vacuum cleaner worth $700 was reported stolen at 11:02 a.m. Jan. 24 in the 300 block of Route 83.
• A purse was reported stolen from a shopping cart between 1:37 and 1:55 p.m. Jan. 25 in the 600 block of North York Road.
• Someone stole two credit cards from an unlocked car between 12:30 and 1 p.m. Jan. 26 in the 100 block of West Virginia Street.
Criminal damage, defacement to property reported
• A passenger side mirror was damaged between 5 p.m. Jan. 17 and 2:10 a.m. Jan. 18 in the 100 block of West Adelaide Street.
• Graffiti in blue spray paint was reported at 10:47 a.m. Jan. 20 at North and Myrtle avenue.
• Graffiti in red marker was reported at 3:49 p.m. Jan. 21 in the 100 block of West Park Avenue.
• A 12-year-old was cited for truancy after missing 22 days of school at 10:49 a.m. Jan. 22 in Elmhurst.
Mischievous conduct reported
A broken egg was reported on a front door at 11:13 a.m. Jan. 20 in the 100 block of North Michigan Street.
Lost property reported
Several Illinois license plates were reported missing at 12:30 p.m. Jan. 24 in the 700 block of North York Street.