Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Westmont Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Westmont men allegedly steal car
Joseph Harmon, 18, of 1409 Carriage Lane, #1, and Jonathan Moe, 22, of 6708 Alpine Lane, #1, were charged with possession of a stolen motor vehicle at 5 p.m. Friday.
The vehicle, stolen in Westmont on Jan. 16, was recovered by Downers Grove Police. Moe lived in the same building as the victim and came across a key to the vehicle, according to Sgt. Steve Thompson.
Moe was also charged with criminal damage to property in a separate incident, police said.
Both Harmon and Moe were transported to DuPage County Jail for a bond hearing.
• Between 3:10 and 3:20 p.m. Jan. 27, a vehicle was reported stolen in the 0-100 block of West 63rd Street. The vehicle was later recovered damaged in Joliet. The total damage is $1,000.
• Between 2:30 and 4:30 p.m. Jan. 28, a purse was reported stolen in the 400 block of Plaza Drive. The total loss is $20.
Joanne Nowaczyk, 62, of 8112 Park Ave., was charged with retail theft after she stole alcohol from a business at 3:10 p.m. Jan. 29 in the 0-100 block of West 63rd Street.
Ethan Smalley, 22, of 6205 Richmond St., was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 10:15 p.m. Jan. 29 in the 400 block of West 63rd Street.
Gregory Gaumond, 47 of 68 W. 59th St., #D, was charged with driving under the influence after a traffic stop at 9:30 a.m. Sunday in the 5900 block of South Cass Avenue. He was also cited for driving while using an electronic communication device.
• Lyndon Sawyer, 49, of 16 W. 472 Honeysuckle Rose Lane #102, Willowbrook, was charged with driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop at about 8:30 a.m. Jan. 29 in the 1200 block of South Williams Street. He was also cited for operating an uninsured vehicle.
• Jeffrey Ruben, 51, of 8519 W. 99th Terrace #210, Palos Hills, was charged with driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop at 3:40 p.m. Thursday in the 0-100 block of West 63rd Street.
• Jennifer Martinez-Barba, 37, of 37 W. 63rd St., #4, was charged with driving without a valid license after a traffic stop at 10 a.m. Friday in the 500 block of Brookside Drive. She was also cited for suspended registration and operating an uninsured vehicle.