Information in Police Reports is obtained from the West Chicago Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Dawn Medina, 49, 29W184 Pomeroy St., was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, DUI above the legal limit, operating a motor vehicle without registration and improper lane use at 1:22 a.m. Jan. 19 at Main Street and Neltnor Boulevard.
• Monika Martin, 62, 1045 Knollwood Lane, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, an auto accident with injury, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and a signal violation at 4:56 p.m. Jan. 21 at North Neltnor and Hawthorne boulevards.
• License plates were reported stolen at 2 p.m. Jan. 20 at Hawthorne Lane and Arbor Avenue.
• A sewer grate was reported missing at 1:35 p.m. Jan. 20 at Fulton and Chicago streets.
• A banner, wall mounted speakers and several paintings were reported stolen from a business at 11:30 a.m. Jan. 21 in the 100 block of Main Street.
• Fraudulent checks were reported to have been cashed for an estimated $1,220 at various locations at 1:30 p.m. Jan. 25 in the 200 block of East Pomeroy Street.
• A lawn mower was reported missing from a garage at 11 a.m. Jan. 25 in the 100 block of West Stimmel Street.
• Howard Banks, 42, homeless, was charged with drunkenness and possession of alcohol on public property at 9:52 p.m. Jan. 19 in the 500 block of Main Street.
• Eduardo Lopez-Santiago, 33, 802 Burr Oaks Drive, was charged with drunkenness and possession of alcohol on public property at 8:47 p.m. Jan. 23 in the 500 block of Main St. Lopez-Santiago also had an in-state warrant at the time of the incident.
A woman reported two unknown men following her in a blue minivan at 10:47 a.m. Jan. 23 at Arbor Avenue and Hawthorne Lane.
Stolen property possession
Sabino Sotelo, 25, 32W152 Lee Road, was charged with possession of stolen property at noon Jan. 22 at Route 39 and Main Street. Sotelo also had an in-state warrant at the time of the incident.
William Gassion, 34, 230 E. Blair St., was served with a warrant from another jurisdiction at 3:27 p.m. Jan. 20 at his home.
• An item was reported lost at 7 a.m. Jan. 21 in the 800 block of Burr Oaks Drive.
• An item was reported lost at 4 p.m. Jan. 21 in the Westfield Fox Valley Mall, 2176 Fox Valley Center Drive, Aurora.
• An item was reported lost at noon Jan. 24 in the 200 block of Joliet Street.
Tires on a vehicle were reported punctured at 10 p.m. Jan. 22 in the 300 block of South Coolidge Avenue.
Sex offender registration
A sex offender was registered at 9:41 a.m. Jan. 23 at the West Chicago Police Department, 325 Spencer St.
Juan Vazquez-Cazares, 30, 4617 S. Rockwell St., Chicago, was charged with operating an insured motor vehicle, operating a vehicle without a driver’s license, attempted obstruction of justice and all other traffic at 3:07 p.m. Jan. 20 at Neltnor Boulevard and Forest Avenue.
An animal was reported found at 5:03 p.m. Jan. 23 in the 400 block of Stimmel Street.