Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Hinsdale and Darien police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• A 17-year-old male juvenile from Clarendon Hills was charged with theft at 7:10 a.m. Jan. 8 at Hinsdale Central High School, 5500 S. Grant St. A teacher reported his school key stolen from the fitness center at the high school, and the suspect was observed on camera attempting to use the stolen key card. The key card was recovered and suspect was charged and referred to a peer jury program.
• A 16-year-old male juvenile of Hinsdale was charged with theft at 12:48 p.m. Dec. 16 at Hinsdale Central High School, 5500 S. Grant St. Suspect did not pay for a drink he took from the school cafeteria and was referred to a peer jury program.
Victim reported that her purse went missing between 8 and 10 a.m. Jan. 23 after she was treated at the Hinsdale Surgical Center, 908 N. Elm St. The purse contained prescription medication.
DUI, marijuana possession charged
Tomasz Janik, 34, 16324 S. Canterbury Way, Lockport, was charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, improper lane usage and disobeying a traffic control device on Jan. 25 at Cass Avenue and Interstate 55.
Hit and run charged
Anthony West, 24, 256 Springbrook Trail, Oswego, was charged with hit and run, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, driving with a suspended/revoked driver's license and failure to yield at an intersection Jan. 24 at Plainfield and High roads.
Drug possession charged
• John Calderone, 18, 1908 Harcourt Drive, Woodridge, was charged with possession of a controlled substance on Jan. 23 in the 8300 block of Lemont Road.
• Aiste Markevicius, 18, 7315 Winthrop Way, Downers Grove, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug equipment Jan. 23 in the 8300 block of Lemont Road.
• Ahmed Choudry, 18, 667 86th Place, Downers Grove, was charged with possession of marijuana Jan. 23 in the 8300 block of Lemont Road.
Kyle Dunn, 24, 309 Stryker Ave., Joliet, was charged with retail theft Jan. 24 at Walmart, 2189 75th Street.
• An iPhone was reported stolen on Jan. 21 in the 800 block of Barrymore Drive.
• Several items were taken from an unlocked vehicle Jan. 24 parked in the driveway of a residence in the 500 block of Maple Lane.
• A student had a phone taken out of a backpack in an unsecured locker Jan. 24 at Hinsdale South High School, 7401 Clarendon Hills Road.
• A student had a phone and money taken out of a backpack in an unsecured locker Jan. 24 at Hinsdale South High School.