Police reports for Elmhurst
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Possession of heroin
Kristofer Klein, 22, of the 600 block of East Park Road was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance and one headlight at 4:07 p.m. Jan. 16 at York Street and Industrial Drive after he was found to have seven bags of heroin. Passenger James Oldham, 32, of the 300 block of West St. Charles Road, Lombard, was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and attempting to obstruct justice after he was found with nine bags of heroin and two hypodermic needles.
Possession of marijuana
• Thomas Manning, 26, of the 200 block of Terrance Drive, Naperville, was cited for driving while license suspended, not having insurance and possession of marijuana at 6:51 p.m. Jan. 13 at York and Second streets.
• Natasha Parks, 25, of the 300 block of Country Club Drive, Addison, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, not having a a front license plate and not having insurance at 1:05 a.m. Jan. 15 at Lake Street and Route 83.
• Lonnie L. Morris, 28, of the 600 block of Spruce Street, Turlock, Calif., and Cecilia Corona, 30, of the 700 block of Crippen Avenue, Modesto, Calif., were charged with possession of marijuana at 2:41 p.m. Jan. 15 in the 500 block of West Grand Avenue.
• Mario Castillo, 32, of the 0 to 100 block of West Dickens Street, Glendale Heights, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana at 4:14 a.m. Jan. 19 at Robert T. Palmer Drive and Schiller Street.
• Marvin Deleon, 29, of the 1000 block of East Division Street, Lombard, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence, improper lane usage and not having a driver’s license at 1:01 p.m. Jan. 14 at North Avenue and Route 83.
• Joseph Carr, 23, of the 300 block of North Highview Avenue was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, expired registration and not having insurance at 12:58 a.m. Jan. 17 at North Avenue and York Street.
• Ruben Ibarra, 23, of the 1700 block of North 21st Street, Melrose Park, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and not having a valid driver’s license at 2:39 a.m. Jan. 18 at North Avenue and Walnut Street.
• Kenneth R. Fletcher, 34, of the 5400 block of Gingeridge Lane, Rockford, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, fleeing and eluding, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, disobeying a traffic control signal and speeding at 4:17 a.m. Jan. 18 at Spring Road and Van Buren Street.
• Donna E. Holden, 52, of the 900 block of Babock Avenue, Addison, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and not having insurance at 5:13 p.m. Jan. 18 in the 200 block of Route 83.
Earlest Brooks, 33, of the 2300 block of South 13th Avenue, Broadview, was charged with domestic battery at 4:16 p.m. Jan. 15 at Route 83 and the Union Pacific Railroad tracks.
Spiro Bouzanis, 33, of the 400 block of West Vallette Street was charged with assault and disorderly conduct at 7:39 p.m. Jan. 17 at his home.
Two 15-year-olds were charged with retail theft at 4:36 p.m. Jan. 15 in the 200 block of Route 83.
William Wilson, 52, of the 200 block of Grant Avenue, Clarendon Hills, was charged with disorderly conduct, improper use of horn, following too closely, improper overtaking, improper stopping and obstructing at 7:11 p.m. Jan. 19 at York Street and St. Charles Road.
• An intoxicated man stole a Samsung Galaxy S4 valued at $595 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 valued at $725 from an AT&T store display at 2:34 p.m. Jan. 13 in the 200 block of North York Street.
• An iPhone 3 with a pink case was stolen from a desk between 5 p.m. Jan. 13 and 8:15 a.m. Jan. 14 in the 900 block of Oaklawn Avenue.
• Spare tires were stolen from two work vans between 5:45 a.m. Jan. 8 and 8:33 a.m. Jan. 15 in the 800 block of Church Street.
• A wallet, phone, wife’s purse and iPad were reported stolen from a home with an unlocked door between 11 p.m. Jan. 16 and 5 a.m. Jan. 17 in the 400 block of North Maple Avenue.
• A Coach wristlet, driver’s license, three credit cards and $6 in cash were stolen from an unlocked car between 7:30 p.m. Jan. 16 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 17 in the 400 block of North Maple Avenue.
Two fraudulent prescriptions were reported at 4:57 p.m. Jan. 17 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
• Someone used another person’s information to open a bank account without his permission at 5:12 p.m. Jan. 14 in the 300 block of Lawndale Avenue.
• An Elmhurst man reported a collection agency called him about a $410.27 Comcast bill for an address where he never lived at 12:28 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 500 block of North Walnut Street.
• A 2007 white Ford E250 was stolen between 3:30 p.m. Jan. 10 and 11:15 a.m. Jan. 13 in the 600 block of West Grand Avenue.
• A 2003 blue Saturn Ion with gray stripes was stolen at 9:40 a.m. Jan. 14 in the 200 block of Route 83 by a man wanting to buy it. He responded to an ad on Craigslist, took the car for a test drive and never came back.
• A white Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch diesel pick-up truck valued at $14,195 was stolen between 8 p.m. Jan. 15 and 9:30 a.m. Jan. 16 in the 500 block of West Lake Street.
Public intoxication cited
Michael J. Maciulis, 43, of the 700 block of West Liberty Street, Wheaton, was cited for public intoxication at 6:26 p.m. Jan. 18 at West Avenue and Third Street.
Joseph Cascella, 18, of the 600 block of West Crockett Avenue, was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor at 2:09 a.m. Jan. 15 at his home.
• A white iPhone 4s in a black cover with an angel on it was reported lost at 12:15 p.m. Jan. 15 in the 300 block of West Butterfield Road.
• A license plate was reported lost at 11:42 p.m. Jan. 18, but the owner was unsure where it might have been lost.
A gray 26-inch men’s Road Master Granite Peak mountain bicycle was found at 12:59 p.m. Jan. 15 in the 100 block of South West Avenue after it was left in a bicycle rack for about 6 weeks.