Information in Police Reports is obtained from the West Chicago Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• A wallet was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle at 6:45 a.m. Jan. 9 in the 1100 block of South Oak Street.
• Copper wire was reported missing at 10 a.m. Jan. 10 in the 900 block of East Roosevelt Road.
Motor vehicle theft
A vehicle was reportedly stolen at 1 a.m. Jan. 9 in the 300 block of East Brown Street.
• A hand purse containing $200, a cellphone, two Mexican consulate IDs, WIC coupons, apartment keys and a Chase Bank Visa card was reported stolen at 2 p.m. Jan. 6 in the 800 block of Burr Oaks Drive.
• A business reported $50 missing from a cashier drawer at 1:30 p.m. Jan. 7 in the 200 block of West North Avenue.
• An iPad 2 was reported stolen at 5 p.m. Jan. 9 in the 300 block of Joliet Street.
• A package was reported misplaced by the United States Postal Service at 9:27 a.m. Jan. 11 in the 1100 block of West Washington Street.
• Brian Read, 30, 1041 Joliet St., was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and driving too fast for conditions at 3:01 a.m. Jan. 6 at Kress Road and Hawthorne Lane. Read also had an in-state warrant at the time the incident occurred.
• Maria Jamro, 36, 516 Carriage Drive, was charged with driving under the influence, illegal transportation of alcoholic liquor, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, an auto accident with injury and driving too fast for conditions at 11:24 p.m. Jan. 11 in the 300 block of Main Street.
A physical altercation was reported at 10:27 p.m. Jan. 8 in the 100 block of Main Street.
• Robert Eckler, 17, 28W054 Bolles Ave., was charged with possession of a controlled substance at 9:20 a.m. Jan. 10 in the 300 block of Joliet Street.
• Jazmine Jaurez, 18, 3708 Bluejay Lane, Naperville, and Gabriel Radziszewski, 19, 2166 Fulham Drive, Naperville, were charged with possession of drug equipment and all other traffic at 1:47 p.m. Jan. 10 at Neltnor Boulevard and Stimmel Street.
An unknown person was reported to have fraudulently withdrawn $4,930 from the victim’s checking account at 5:45 p.m. Jan. 7 in the 3N000 block of Powis Road.
Justin Garrett, 25, 703 Liberty St., Wheaton, was charged with criminal trespass to residence and served with a warrant at 3:54 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 100 block of East Geneva Street.
Pedro Hernandez, 27, 299 Arden Lane, was charged with obstructing justice at 11:24 p.m. Jan. 11 at Center and Main streets.
Damage to property
Damage to a city light pole, which was described as leaning against a tree, was reported at 2:04 a.m. Jan. 5 at Wilson Avenue and Spencer Street.
Sex offender registration
A sex offender was registered at 10:17 a.m. Jan. 6 at the West Chicago Police Department, 325 Spencer St.
Threats and extortion
A threats and extortion incident was reported at 4:44 p.m. Jan. 11 in the 500 block of Industrial Drive.
• A summons was served at 7:37 p.m. Jan. 11 in the 28W600 block of Donald Avenue.
• A summons was served at 7:58 p.m. Jan. 11 at 325 N. Neltnor Boulevard.
A dog bite incident was reported at 10:15 a.m. Jan. 7 in the 300 block of East Brown Street.
Abandoned motor vehicle
Two vehicles were reported abandoned at 8 a.m. Jan. 8 in the 100 block of West Grand Lake Boulevard.
• A state of Illinois registration form was reported missing at 2 p.m. Jan. 6 in the 500 block of West North Avenue.
• A wallet containing a social security card, Illinois state ID, work ID, Illinois Link card, medical card, Chase credit card and $40 in cash was reported lost at 7 p.m. Jan. 7 in the 500 block of Main Street.
• A wallet was reported lost at 3 p.m. Jan. 8 at the West Chicago Police Department, 325 Spencer St.
• A Mexican Matricula card was reported lost at 12:01 a.m. Jan. 10 in the 1200 block of South Neltnor Boulevard.