LEMONT – The village of Lemont has updated the questions and answers about the proposed Lemont Sports Complex posted on its website to include information discussed at recent village board meetings.
The online file addresses 38 questions from the board's December and January meetings.
Some of the questions were already mentioned in the February 2013 question and answer file, but the updated document includes the village's latest information.
• How private financing differs from alternative revenue bonds and what the village's financial obligations would be if it were to use private financing
• Initial estimates on the interest rates for debt certificates
• How the village would pay for the project if there was a shortfall in revenue and how that shortfall would affect its budget
• Why it is more financially feasible for the village to run the facility than a private group
• How the complex would compare to other area facilities and whether it would compete with the Lemont Park District
• How the brown field environment of the site would be cleaned up
For a link to the file and other information on the sports complex, visit www.lemont.il.us/sportscomplex.