Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Police investigate attempted armed robbery
Downers Grove police are investigating an attempted armed robbery of a beauty supply store Friday afternoon.
A man entered International Beauty Systems at about 4 p.m. at 2263 Maple Ave., and brandished a firearm, according to Sgt. Harry Andler. The suspect fled from the scene on foot before officers could arrive. No one was injured.
The man is described as being 5 feet, 10 inches with a medium build, and was seen wearing a gray jacket over a black hooded sweatshirt with a black scarf and gloves.
Police asked that anyone with information on the suspect call 911.
• Joshua M. Hereau, 40, 10S436 Dunham Road, Downers Grove, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage at 1:21 a.m. Sunday in the 7400 block of Lemont Road.
• Adam J. Zapfel, 26, 311 E. 59th St., Hinsdale, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 11:43 p.m. Thursday at 55th Street and Lyman Avenue.
• Maya A. Iyer, 25, 305 Quincy Court, Schaumburg, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving the wrong way and driving in the wrong lane at 1:38 a.m. Jan. 15 at Main and Rogers streets.
• Zenda K. Perez, 29, 526 Brookside Drive, Westmont, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to reduce speed and use of cellphone at 11:18 p.m. Jan. 15 at 55th Street and Fairview Avenue.
Identity theft charged
Sparkle D. Ellis, 26, 7916 S. Drexel Ave., Chicago, was charged with identity theft at 4:33 p.m. Jan. 13 at Cook County Jail.
• Maciej P. Michalak, 20, 5518 Barclay Court, Clarendon Hills, was charged with retail theft at 11:21 a.m. Thursday at the Downers Grove Police Department.
• Jocelyn Ortiz, 32, 7983 Woodridge Drive, Woodridge, was charged with theft at 9:48 a.m. Jan. 15 at the Downers Grove Police Department.
Domestic battery charged
• Lisa M. Wall, 24, 1418 Clarence Ave., Berwyn, was charged with aggravated battery, domestic battery and possession of drug paraphernalia at 2:19 p.m. Sunday in the 5100 block of Belmont Road.
• Michelle M. Calhoun, 22, 12100 S. School St., Riverdale, was charged with battery at 9:25 p.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of Butterfield Road.
• Samuel J. Robinson, 38, 703 W. Liberty St., Wheaton, was charged with battery at 2:22 p.m. Thursday at the Downers Grove Police Department.
Attempted phone scam reported
A man with an accent called a resident between 1:45 and 2 p.m. Jan. 14 an claimed to be from Publisher’s Clearing House. He told the resident she won $1.5 million and she would need to send $350 using a Green Dot MoneyPak card as an insurance payment before the winnings were sent. The resident did not send the money and instead called police. Another resident reported a similar phone call at 9 a.m. the same day.
• A car radio was reported stolen from a 1994 Chrysler LeBaron parked between 5 p.m. Friday and 9:30 a.m. Sunday in the 7400 block of Pipers Way. There are no suspects.
• Thirteen AAA batteries, tools and gasoline were reported stolen from the back of a truck parked between 10 p.m. Jan. 12 and 1:22 a.m. Jan. 13 in the 3100 block of Finley Road.
• Batteries valued at a combined $1,150 were stolen between midnight Jan. 11 and 6 a.m. Jan. 13 from backhoes stored at the Downers Grove Sanitary District, 5003 Walnut Ave. About $200 in battery cables were also reported missing, along with a $25 ladder.