Police reports: Bolingbrook for week of Jan. 15
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Bolingbrook Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Burglaries, thefts reported
• Officers responded to a report of a theft on Dec. 30 in Lot Q of Fernwood. Several pieces of jewelry and money were taken from various rooms of the residence sometime between Dec. 21 and Dec. 30. The loss is valued at $1,600.
• Officers responded to a report of a theft Jan. 3 in the 100 block of Remington Boulevard. Network switches were taken from inventory. The loss was valued at $214,000.
• A wallet was removed from a purse while the victim was having lunch sometime between 12:53 p.m. and 1:06 p.m. Jan. 4 in the 700 block of E. Boughton Road.
• A watch was taken from the workout area of a business sometime Jan. 3 or Jan. 4 in the 500 block of N. Janes Ave. The loss is valued at $3,700.
• A 1997 white semi-trailer was removed sometime between Jan. 2 and Jan. 3 from the 1200 block of W. Remington Boulevard.
• A 1996 Toyota Camry was taken sometime between 1:30 a.m. and 5 a.m. Jan. 7 from a parking lot on the 100 block of Beaconridge Drive.
Criminal damage to property reported
Officers responded to a report of criminal damage to property sometime between 1:15 a.m. and 1:30 a.m. Jan. 4 in the 500 block of Cottonwood Circle. The windshield of a vehicle was shattered and the trunk lid was damaged.
Traffic stops lead to charges
• Joel Smith, 19, 2487 Oakridge Court, was charged with no insurance, driving on a suspended license, hit and run and driving too fast for conditions following an accident at 8:10 p.m. Jan. 8.
• Tyler Vansickle, 18, 80 Kempton Drive, Romeoville, was charged with improper lane usage, illegal transportation of alcohol, no insurance and handicapped parking following a traffic stop at 2:58 a.m. Jan. 1 in the 100 block of E. Boughton Road.
• Joni Lagahit, 27, 464 Hummingbird Lane, was charged with no driver’s license and an in-state warrant following a traffic stop at 7:15 a.m. Jan. 1 at Dean Circle and Delaware Drive.
• Kate Steinhoff, 26, 309 Northridge Ave., was charged with possession of a controlled substance, failure to signal and driving on a suspended license following a traffic stop at 3:01 p.m. Jan. 3 at Briarcliff Road and Olympic Drive.
• Eddie Brewer, 47, 244 Karen Circle, was charged on two in-state warrants following a traffic stop at 1:57 p.m. Jan. 8 at Arrowhead Drive and Bolingbrook Road.
• Kevin Champion Jr., 25, 395 S. Orchard Drive, was charged with equipment violation, no insurance, no driver’s license and failure to signal following a traffic stop at 3:13 p.m. Jan. 8 at Malibu Drive and Northridge Avenue.
Unlawful use of weapon
A 17-year-old minor was charged with unlawful use of a weapon at 6:19 p.m. Jan. 2 in the 600 block of Londonberry Drive.
Contributing to delinquency
Carvell Boyce, 26, 696 St. Andrews Circle, Rantoul, was charged with contributing to the criminal delinquency of a juvenile at 9:15 a.m. Jan. 7 in the 400 block of Monarch Lane.
Officers respond to fight
Officers responded to the report of a large fight at 12:19 a.m. Jan. 1 in the 400 block of Standish Court. A victim was punched and kicked several times and was transported to Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital for injuries. The victim's condition was unknown.
Battery reports, charges
• Officers responded to a report of battery at 7:25 p.m. Jan. 3 at a business in the 100 block of N. Bolingbrook Drive. A victim stated a suspect punched them in the face, damaged a display case on the business counter and fled the store.
• Luis Arellano, 29, 550 Preston Drive, was charged with domestic battery and an in-state warrant at 8:22 p.m. Jan. 4.
• Tyler Tripp, 21, 6060 Preston Drive, was charged with unlawful use of a weapon and domestic battery following a call to the residence at 12:14 a.m. Jan. 7.