Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Police stop man driving
Zoranco Spirovski, 51, of La Grange Park, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, driving on the sidewalk, driving too fast for conditions, unlawful possession of a controlled substance and failure to wear a seat belt after an incident at 9:47 p.m. Jan. 4 in the 8800 block of Brookfield Avenue.
According to the report, Spirovski, who said he was delivering pizzas, was driving behind the police station when he nearly hit a light pole, crashed into a curb and continued driving on the sidewalk before police stopped him. A background check on the vehicle determined he had also been in an accident at 8:30 p.m. that night in Riverside.
Police said they found three aluminum packets in the vehicle that tested positive for heroin.
A red, 1999 Ford Escort was stolen between 10:30 and 11:02 p.m. Dec. 25 in the 4200 block of Arthur Avenue.
• Valentin Almeida, 25, of Lyons, was charged with burglary to a motor vehicle after an incident at 4:19 p.m. Dec. 25 in the 4200 block of Forest Ave. According to the report, a Lyons man said he saw Almeida in a friend’s vehicle. The Lyons man and a Brookfield man chased Almeida on foot and pinned him against a fence until police arrived.
• Nikola Cevizovic, 21, of La Grange, was charged with three counts of burglary and one count of criminal damage to property after an incident at 9:02 a.m. Jan. 1 in the 8400 block of Greenview Avenue.
According to the police report, a Brookfield man said he saw Cevizovic enter three vehicles, including his own. The only item reported missing from the vehicles was a baseball bat. Police said Cevizovic, waiting in a cell for his bond hearing, flooded his cell by placing items in the toilet and flushing it.
• A Samsung Galaxy 4 cellphone was stolen from a vehicle between 4:30 p.m. Jan. 3 and 10:16 a.m. Jan. 4 in the 3700 block of Blanchan Avenue.
• A business at 9101 Ogden Ave. was broken into through the rear exterior door at 2:38 p.m. Dec. 24. All other doors at the business were secured, and everything appeared to be in order.
• A State Farm office at 9101 Ogden Ave. was broken into through a rear exterior door at 9:18 p.m. Dec. 24. An interior door also had been pried open and two desks near the front of the business had been disturbed. The report did not specify whether anything had been stolen.
• Jaquel Johnson, 36, of Chicago, was charged with domestic battery after an incident at 11:45 a.m. Jan. 1 in the 9100 block of 31st Street.
• Ricardo Perez, 42, of Brookfield, was charged with domestic battery after an incident at 12:05 a.m. Jan. 5 in the 4500 block of Park Avenue.
A residence was marked with obscene graffiti between 4:30 and 10:20 p.m. Dec. 24 in the 3800 block of Madison Avenue.
• A Brookfield man reported a suspicious incident that occurred at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 30 at Tischlers, 9118 Broadway Ave. The complainant said he suspected an unidentified man of trying to scam him by asking for monetary compensation for alleged vehicle damage.
• A Brookfield man reported a suspicious incident at 12:16 a.m. Jan. 4 outside his home. The complainant said he
confronted a man who
walked on his front porch. The man said he had come to see the complainant’s wife and then left.
Daniel Vavra, 20, of 5545 Howard Ave., La Grange, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after a traffic stop at 11:47 p.m. Jan. 8 at West Ogden and South Haas avenues.
An iPhone was stolen from a residence on Dec. 25 in the 4000 block of Center Avenue.
• Tomasz Dziedzic, 31, of 8945 W. Cermak Road, North Riverside, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol at 12:44 a.m. Jan. 2 at First Avenue and Joliet Road, McCook.
• Derrick Young, 40, of Berwyn, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after a traffic stop at 2:32 a.m. Jan. 4 at South Harlem Avenue and Olmsted Road.
• A mountain bike was stolen between Dec. 30 and Jan. 1 in the 700 block of Leesley Road.
• Three rings and a diamond from a fourth ring were stolen from a home between Dec. 23 and Jan. 1 in the 500 block of Selborne Road.
A Riverside woman reported an incident of potential fraud at 1:28 p.m. Jan. 1. She said a man called her and said she had won money. She said she told him she thought he was a fraud, and he said he was not and would drop the money off at her house that afternoon. The woman said she had no reason to believe the man knew where she lived.