Police Reports for Elmhurst
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Driver, 68, complains of chest pains after crashing in Jewel parking lot
ELMHURST – A 68-year-old woman complaining of chest pain was transported to Elmhurst Memorial Hospital after striking a car and then a barrier Saturday in the Jewel parking lot in the 900 block of South York Road.
"It wasn't a high speed collision," said Deputy Chief Jim Kveton.
The woman was driving westbound down a parking lane when she struck another car from behind, pushing it north. She then continued forward and struck a barrier in front of the store's doors.
Police responded to the crash around 1 p.m. Saturday afternoon. The woman could not remember how the crash occurred.
No charges were filed.
Battery, domestic battery charged
• Jason Schwed, 32, of the 600 block of West Alexander Boulevard, was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 3:17 a.m. Dec. 28 at his home.
• Gustavo Castro, 37, of the 300 block of North Highview Avenue, was charged with battery at 6:25 p.m. Dec. 29 at his home.
• Marcie Eldred, 37, of the 100 block of East Fremont Avenue, was charged with domestic battery at 1:37 a.m. Jan. 1 at her home.
• William Lowery, 20, of the 300 block of East Fullerton Avenue, was charged with two counts of domestic battery and criminal damage to property at 4:46 p.m. Jan. 1 at his home.
• A 16-year-old was charged with battery at 6:38 p.m. Jan. 2 in the 100 block of East Butterfield Road.
• Juana Solis, 32, of the 1400 block of North 43rd Court, Stone Park, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, not having a valid driver's license, following too closely and improper lane usage at 8:39 p.m. Dec. 29 at North and Villa avenues.
• Sonia Ramirez, 28, of the 500 block of Milton Lane, Hoffman Estates, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, not having a valid driver's license, speeding, improper lane usage, failure to signal and illegal transportation of alcohol at 11:47 p.m. Dec. 28 at Lake Street and Route 83. Passenger Miguel Trujillo, 22, of the 0 to 100 block of West Park Avenue, Villa Park, was cited for illegal transportation of alcohol.
• Oscar Carillo, 31, of the 600 block of South York Street, Bensenville, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving while license suspended, not having insurance, speeding, following too closely and illegal transportation of alcohol and disorderly conduct at 1:28 a.m. Dec. 29 at Grand and Oaklawn avenues.
• Desneiges Chrysokos, 20, of the 2N000 block of Joyce Avenue, Lombard, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of alcohol by a minor, consumption of alcohol by a minor, illegal transportation of alcohol and use of an unsafe tire at 2:39 a.m. Dec. 29 at North and River Glen avenues.
• Vinodkumar Amin, 42, of the 200 block of Addison Avenue, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, leaving the scene of an accident, driving too fast for conditions, unsafe tires and illegal transportation of alcohol at 9:10 p.m. Dec. 31 at North and Berteau avenues.
• Kerri Knauz, 23, of the 10600 block of Parkside Avenue, Chicago Ridge, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and violating a one-way street at 1:44 a.m. Jan. 4 at North Avenue and York Street.
Interfering with reporting domestic violence charged
Anthony Dichiara, 44, of the 700 block of Parkside Avenue, was charged with unlawfully interfering with the reporting of domestic violence at 7:14 p.m. Dec. 29 at his home.
Joanne Knox, 64, of the 7700 block of Danbury Drive, Darien, was cited with retail theft at 1:01 p.m. Dec. 31 in the 200 block of Route 83 after stealing $28.72 worth of merchandise.
Possession of marijuana cited, charged
• Sargon Chlimon, 28, of the 6300 block of North Whipple Street, Chicago, was cited for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and having expired registration at 4:20 p.m. Dec. 30 at North and Villa avenues.
• Calvin Brown, 19, of the 0 to 100 block of King Arthur Court, Northlake, was charged with possession of marijuana, consumption of alcohol by a minor, driving after having consumed alcohol and being under 21, and improper lane usage at 3:18 a.m. Jan. 1 at Claremont Street and Prospect Avenue.
• Erik Oppenhagen, 44, of the 700 bock of West Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and being an intoxicated pedestrian in the roadway at 3:27 a.m. Jan. 5 at Larch Avenue and Second Street.
Unlawful use of a weapon charged
Nicholas Price, 36, of the 2700 block of Pershing Court, Woodridge, was charged with unlawful use of a weapon at 6:15 p.m. Dec. 30 in the 900 block of South York Street after he was found in possession of two bludgeon style weapons. Anthony Bagnole, 36, of the 400 block of Desmond Drive, Schaumburg, was charged with retail theft and Jody Turczynski, 30, of the 4400 block of Harlem Avenue, Stickney, was charged with obstructing identification.
Burglaries, thefts reported
• A handbag containing a bank card, driver's license, keys, Luis Vuitton wallet and a Glucometer were reported stolen between 8:45 and 10:15 a.m. in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• A package from Juicy Couture was reported stolen from a front door at 1:36 p.m. Jan. 2 in the 700 block of North Emroy Avenue.
• A set of wedding and engagement rings worth about $7,000, were stolen from a home between noon Dec. 1 and 3 p.m. Jan. 3 in the 300 block of Washington Street.
• The console of a car was stolen, a driver's side window was broken and a pair of black and rusted channel locks were found on the driver's seat of a car between 7 p.m. Dec. 31 and 8:30 a.m. Jan. 3 in the 300 block of West Grand Avenue.
Stolen vehicle recovered
A truck was recovered at 9:01 a.m. Dec. 31 in the 700 block of Industrial Drive with 10 used tires instead of the 10 new ones originally on the truck.
Public intoxication cited, charged
• Mark V. Malchert, 56, of the 200 block of Hampshire Avenue, was cited for public intoxication at 3:41 p.m. Dec. 31 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
• Moses Spencer, 38, of the 800 block of West Thomas Avenue, Forest Park, was charged with public intoxication and possession of open alcohol at 7:36 p.m. Dec. 31 at First Street and Addison Avenue.
Disorderly conduct charged
Oscar La Guard Cooper, 49, of the 600 block of North Indiana Street, was charged with disorderly conduct at 8:19 a.m. Dec. 31 at Crestview Avenue and Michigan Street for urinating in public.
Identity theft reported
Someone used another person's credit card between 8 a.m. Dec. 30 and 8 a.m. Dec. 31 in the 200 block of Niagara Avenue.
Deceptive practice reported
An Elmhurst couple reported they gave someone $2,850 for credit repair, a used car and fees for purchasing a home, but when the purchase didn't go through, they only received $300 back at 4:02 p.m. Jan. 3 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
Criminal damage reported
• A broken window was reported by the elevators on the northwest corner of the Adelaide parking deck at 11:14 p.m. Jan. 4 in the 100 block of Adelaide Street.
• Someone threw a brick through a front glass bay window of a home at 10:47 p.m. Jan. 5 in the 700 block of North Adele Street.
Driving while license suspended charged
• Juan Carillo, 19, of the 1200 block of South Central Avenue, Cicero, was charged with driving while license suspended and disobeying a traffic control device at 12:11 a.m. Dec. 28 at North and Addison avenues.
• Christian Iniguez, 28, of the 1300 block of Balmoral Avenue, Westchester, was charged with driving while license suspended, not having insurance and driving without tail lights at 7:19 p.m. Dec. 27 at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
A 14-year-old was cited for violating curfew at 12:45 a.m. Dec. 27 in the 300 block of North York Street.
A 10 karat yellow gold tennis bracelet with brown diamonds was reported lost at 10:03 a.m. Dec. 27 in the 600 block of Stratford Avenue.