To the Editor:
The ongoing fiasco known as the Obamacare rollout is a naked display of failure of the liberal ideology.
Liberals, using the federal government health insurance complex, are attempting, with miserable results, to remake one sixth of the economy and the results are worthy of mass firings at the highest levels of the administration and the Department of Health and Human Services:
1. Over $630 million(!) spent on the creation of a website
2. Few, if any, security provisions in place to prevent identify and healthcare information theft
3. The back office payment and subsidy system is non-existent, allowing insurance companies to estimate what they’re owed with a reconciliation later (really?)
4. The IRS is incapable of confirming applicants’ income to test for the amount of subsidy requested, effecting massive fraud and waste
5. Millions of canceled insurance plans, despite “If you like your insurance plan, you can keep it, period”
6. One in three who have enrolled aren’t really insured because the process is creating massive errors
7. Hiring navigators who advise applicants to lie on their applications
8. Maternity care coverage for men and the elderly
And on and on and on.
How can an honorable, objective Democrat continue to defend this total collapse of government intervention? Can we honestly believe, from the results of this massive, wasteful, inefficient government experiment, that liberal principles are good for us? Liberalism is fighting hard to redistribute wealth, impose its ideology on us, and most dangerously, take away more and more of our freedom and liberty. This must stop.