West Chicago to offer free Christmas tree collection
WEST CHICAGO – The city of West Chicago will offer a free Christmas tree collection to residents during the weeks of Jan. 6 and 13.
The trees will be picked up on regularly scheduled collection days. All tinsel, garland and ornaments must be removed prior to pickup.
Residents also may recycle household extension cords and strands of incandescent and LED holiday lights through Jan. 24 at the following locations:
• Murphy Ace Hardware, 319 South Neltnor Blvd. (Route 59)
• First United Methodist Church of West Chicago, 643 E. Washington St.
• West Chicago Public Library, 118 W. Washington St.
• West Chicago City Hall, 475 Main St.
• Water Treatment Plant, 1400 W. Hawthorne Lane
Note to Readers: A version of this story containing an error previously ran in print and online. The tree collection will take place the weeks of Jan. 6 and 13. The article has been corrected to reflect this information.