Police reports: La Grange, La Grange Park, Western Springs, Countryside and Westchester for Jan. 1
Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
A woman reported that a man choked her and left her in a vehicle in the 900 block of South Eighth Avenue at 8:54 a.m. Dec. 22.
Hit and run
• A vehicle hit a parked truck in the 1000 block of La Grange Road and drove away at 1:25 p.m. Dec. 26.
• A man reported that his vehicle was hit by another vehicle in a parking lot in the 0 through 100 block of La Grange Road at 1:42 p.m. Dec. 18.
• A bowl containing $40 and acorn chips was stolen from a residence in the 0-100 block of Dover Avenue, as reported at 8:23 a.m. Dec. 25.
• A wood cottage arm chair valued at more than $500 was stolen from a delivery truck parked at 47th Street and Catherine Avenue at 1:49 p.m. Dec. 19.
• Graffiti was found on a sign in the elevator lobby at the downtown parking garage, 80 S. Sixth Ave., at 8:46 a.m. Dec. 26.
• Graffiti was found on two electric boxes and an elevator lobby sign at the downtown parking garage.
Christmas lights cut
A string of Christmas lights were cut at a residence in the 0-100 block of Seventh Avenue between 5 and 11 p.m. Dec. 19.
LA GRANGE PARK
Driving without license
Daniela Viurquiz, 19, of the 5000 block of West 30th Street, Cicero, was charged with driving without a license and possession of drug paraphernalia after being pulled over for speeding in the 700 block of La Grange Road at 12:04 a.m. Dec. 18.
• A wallet was stolen from an unattended purse on Dec. 24 at Jewel, 507 E. Woodlawn Ave.
• Forced entry was made to a residence in the 700 block of East 31st Street the night of Dec. 19 and again the night of Dec. 20, with a total of $160 stolen.
A street sign was knocked over at Kensington and Jackson avenues Dec. 20.
Possession of stolen property
Jose M. Abarca, 39, of the 5300 block of North Kimball Avenue, Chicago, was charged Dec. 16 with possession of stolen property for stealing a generator Oct. 27 from a garage in the 4700 block of Fair Elms Avenue.
Resisting a police officer
Michael C. Hollinger, 44, of the 4000 block of Western Avenue, was charged with resisting a police officer and obstructing a police officer after police responded to a disturbance report at his residence at 1:44 a.m. Dec. 15.
Randy Lewis, 23, of the 3100 block of West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Wis., was charged with two felony counts of retail theft, along with resisting arrest and criminal damage to property, after attempting to steal a bag of merchandise from T.J. Maxx, 5555 Brainard Ave. Lewis was found to be part of a three-person group of shoplifters who stole more than $3,000 in merchandise from the store.
Theft from motor vehicle
A catalytic converter was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 9900 block of 58th Street Dec. 17 or 18.
Woman sentenced for stealing from aunt
Elizabeth Stallone, 61, of the 2300 block of South Belleview Avenue, was sentenced to five years in prison Dec. 20 for stealing more than $212,000 from her elderly aunt, of Addison, after entering a plea bargain of guilty to one count of financial exploitation of a person older than 70 on Sept. 30. In December 2007, Stallone was granted power of attorney of her aunt’s financial matters. Several days, later, she began writing unauthorized checks and making unauthorized charges against her aunt’s bank accounts to herself and a business partner, according to a news release from the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office. Stallone continued to bilk her aunt’ s bank accounts until February 2011, when a family member noticed discrepancies in the aunt’s finances and contacted authorities.