Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
sex offender arrested
Oscar M. Argueta, 38, of the 2300 block of South 59th Court, Cicero, was arrested at 2:53 a.m. Dec. 22 after police observed him walking in an alley in the 6500 block of 26th Street. A criminal history check revealed Argueta is a registered sex offender who had been deported to El Salvador in 1999. Argueta was turned over to the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Aggravated DUI, domestic battery
Arthur J. Briscolino, 42, of the 1800 block of South Euclid Avenue, was charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, domestic battery and driving with a suspended license after police observed his vehicle back into and knock over a woman in the 6700 block of 18th Street. The woman stood up and grabbed onto the vehicle, and Briscolino accelerated, dragging the woman for about 10 feet before she let go. Briscolino then drove into an alley before police pulled him over.
• Benito Garcia, 26, of the 2100 block of South Kenilworth Avenue, was charged with domestic battery at 5:37 a.m. Dec. 21 in the 2100 block of South Kenilworth Avenue.
• A man pushed a woman to the ground and hit her in the face during a dispute in an alley near Elmwood Avenue and Ridgeland Avenue at 3 p.m. Dec. 19. The man fled in a vehicle. Police searched the area but did not find him.
Jose S. Canales, 38, of the 1900 block of South Grove Avenue, was charged with domestic assault after threatening a woman at a business in the 6900 block of West Cermak Road at 6 p.m. Dec. 20.
• Hiram A. Rivera, 45, of the 3500 block of South Ridgeland Avenue, was charged with battery after pushing a police officer responding to a report of a verbal dispute at a residence in the 3500 block of South Ridgeland Avenue at 5:09 p.m. Dec. 21.
• Markus L. Friend, 24, of the 4900 block of West Quincy Street, Chicago, was charged with battery after pushing and punching another man during a dispute at MacNeal Hospital, 3249 S. Oak Park Ave., at 5:44 p.m. Dec. 21.
• Juawauan D. Hester, 20, of the 100 block of North Lorel Avenue, Chicago, was charged with retail theft after stealing $49.03 in clothing from a store in the 7100 block of West Cermak Road at 10:08 p.m. Dec. 23.
• Candace R. Hoover, 29, of the 2100 block of South Gunderson Avenue, was charged with retail theft after stealing baby formula from a store in the 7100 block of West Cermak Road at 3:04 p.m. Dec. 22.
• Cornell Woods, 47, of the 100 block of North Mayfield Street, Chicago, was charged with felony retail theft after stealing eight cans of baby formula from a store in the 7100 block of Cermak Road at 2:32 p.m. Dec. 21. Woods said he intended to sell the cans to women in Chicago.
• Alejandro Roman, 18, of the 3100 block of South Throop Street, Chicago, was charged with disorderly conduct after kicking dry wall and creating a hole at a residence in the 1300 block of South Elmwood Avenue at 12:14 a.m. Dec. 25.
• Christian A. Lara, 28, of the 0-100 block of Frontage Road, Lemont, was charged with disorderly conduct after becoming agitated for being asked to get out of the bathroom at a store in the 6600 block of West Roosevelt Road. Employees said Lara often uses the bathroom for unreasonable amounts of time.
• Krystal D. Holguin, 28, of the 8000 block of West 45th Street, Lyons, was charged with disorderly conduct after refusing to leave a residence in the 1600 block of South Ridgeland Avenue at 2:03 a.m. where she was trying to use the bathroom.
Severio Napolitano, Jr., 61, of the 1800 block of South 59th Avenue, Cicero, was charged with criminal trespass after refusing to leave the McDonald’s at 6401 W. Cermak Road at 3:33 p.m. Dec. 20.
Man steals gas from customer at gas station
A man told a woman filling her vehicle at a gas station in the 6400 block of West Roosevelt Road that he was the police and needed the gas. He took the nozzle from her and filled his own vehicle before driving off at 12:58 p.m. Dec. 21. The man had tried to fill his vehicle with another customer’s pump but drove away without removing the nozzle when it did not work, damaging the pump.
A package containing about $500 in perfume and cosmetics was stolen from outside a residence in the 1400 block of South Cuyler Avenue at 2:17 p.m. Dec. 20.
Theft from motor vehicle
• The catalytic converter was stolen from a vehicle in the 2400 block of South Highland Avenue at 5:17 a.m. Dec. 23.
• A radio was stolen from a vehicle in the 3300 block of South Ridgeland Avenue that had a window smashed out, as reported at 4:46 p.m. Dec. 19.
Hit and run
• A vehicle drove over the curb and struck a fence along the west side of the American Legion building at 6919 W. Roosevelt Road between 3 p.m. Dec. 24 and 2 a.m. Dec. 25.
• A vehicle crashed into and damaged a garage at a residence in the 6900 block of West 34th Street late Dec. 19 or early Dec. 20 before driving off.
• A safe, air mattress and pair of gym shoes were stolen from a closet at a residence in the 6900 block of West Cermak Road at 12:57 p.m. Dec. 25.
• A large appliance and an air compressor were stolen from a residence in the 3800 block of Oak Park Avenue at 1:13 p.m. Dec. 23.
• Two TVs, two computers, a Wii game system, five gold rings, three gold chains and an iPad mini were stolen from a residence in the 3200 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 11:48 a.m. Dec. 22 and 12:53 p.m. Dec. 22
Burglary from motor vehicle
• A radio was stolen from a vehicle in the 1900 block of South Lombard Avenue at 3:45 p.m. Dec. 22.
• A $2 bill was stolen from a vehicle that had a side window shattered between 3:30 p.m. Dec. 19 and 7:30 a.m. Dec. 20.
Criminal damage to property
• Both driver’s side windows and the front and rear windshields were broken on a vehicle in the 3700 block of South Highland Avenue, as reported at 4:50 a.m. Dec. 26.
• A passenger in a moving vehicle threw a bottle and damaged the window of another vehicle at Oak Park Avenue and Cermak Road at 1:35 p.m. Dec. 23.
• A window was broken at a residence in the 3700 block of South Wisconsin Avenue between 1:30 p.m. Dec. 21 and 8:15 a.m. Dec. 22.
• A tire was slashed on a vehicle in the 6800 block of Oak Park Avenue between 2 a.m. and 2 p.m. Dec. 19.
• A brick was thrown through a window at a residence in the 3500 block of South Clinton Avenue at 10:58 p.m. Dec. 19.
A check for $41 was stolen from a coat pocket left on a chair at McDonald’s, 6900 W. Ogden Ave., as reported at 10:45 a.m. Dec. 25.
• Gang-related graffiti was found on a garage door in the 2500 block of South Ridgeland Avenue at 8:24 a.m. Dec. 26.
• Graffiti was found on a garage door at a residence in the 1800 block of South Home Avenue at 4:17 p.m. Dec. 19.
A man whose brother is a known Latin King member reported to police that while in the 2400 block of South 60th Court on Dec. 26 at about 10:22 p.m. an unknown male subject fired two shots at him from a gangway across the street. The victim told police he believed it was a member of a rival gang.
Drawn on with marker, robbed
A man told police he was approached by three men dressed in sweaters and jeans who got out of a black Jaguar, pushed him to the ground and robbed him of $70. The man told police the three offenders also threw his cell phone to the ground and drew on his face with a black marker.
A robbery was reported to police in the 1300 block of 51st Court at about 8:40 a.m. Dec. 19. The victim told police he was approached by two men who grabbed him and went through his pockets, taking his ID and $27 in cash.
• A 2008 Peterbilt tractor was stolen from the 3400 block of South Cicero Avenue between Dec. 18 and 19.
• A motor home was stolen from the 4900 block of West Roosevelt Road between Dec. 20 and 21.
• A 1995 Honda Civic was stolen from the 1900 block of South 49th Court between Dec. 20 and 21.
Burglary and theft reports
• Copper tubing was removed from a vacant building in the 4900 block of West 29th Place between Nov. 9 and Dec. 9. The rear door of the building was found forced open.
• A home in the 3500 block of South 55 Avenue was broken into, as reported to police at 1:37 a.m. Dec. 23. Occupants of the home were woken up by the sound of someone going through the home.
• A television was stolen from a home in the 1400 block of South Cicero Avenue on Dec. 19 between 3 and 11 p.m. A door was found pried open.
• Two garages were burglarized Dec. 22. A service door was found pried open in the 2900 block of South 48th Court and two men were seen and confronted by the owner. They fled the scene, but the owner believed items were taken from a vehicle. In the 1900 Block of South 59th Court, a lawnmower, tool boxes, a ladder and other items were stolen.