Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
DUI charged, cited
• Sebastian Filimowicz, 40, of the 3900 block of North Newcastle Avenue, Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, disobeying a traffic signal and improper lane usage at 9:59 p.m. Dec. 19 at North and Emroy avenues.
• Caroline Hollis, 28, of the 1100 block of South Walnut Avenue, Arlington Heights, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage at 11:56 p.m. Dec. 20 at Butterfield and York roads.
• Jerry Kelly, 53, of the 500 block of North Emroy Avenue was cited for improper lane usage, disobeying a traffic signal and driving under the influence of alcohol at 2:36 a.m. Dec. 21 at North and Emroy avenues after striking safety cones and the curb.
• Michael Merrinette, 23, of the 1100 block of Highridge, Lombard, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, driving too fast for conditions, improper lane usage and failure to signal when required at 2:07 a.m. Dec. 22 at Lake Street and Route 83.
Domestic battery charged
Leonard Gentile, 49, of the 700 block of North Adele Street, was charged with domestic battery at 9:45 p.m. Dec. 20 near his home. He is also a registered sex offender.
A gold 2005 Nissan Altima was stolen between noon Dec. 19 and 5:45 p.m. Dec. 21 in the 500 block of West Lake Street.
Disobeying a traffic control device
• Joseph J. Palos, 22, of the 0 to 100 block of West Drive, Northlake, was charged with disobeying a traffic control device, not having insurance and driving while license suspended at 4:17 p.m. Dec. 17 at North and Berteau avenues.
• Cornelio Zaragoza, 21, of the 1600 block of Charleston Court was charged with two counts of disobeying a stop sign, fleeing and eluding a police officer, not wearing a seatbelt and driving while license suspended at 1:40 p.m. Dec. 20 at North and Melrose avenues after he fled the scene of a traffic stop. Passenger David Hernandez, 22, of the 900 block of North 22nd Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged with not wearing a seatbelt and illegal transportation of alcohol.
Obstructing identification charged
• Raushaun Sanders, 19, of the 1000 block of Dickens Avenue, Northlake, was charged with obstructing identification and not wearing a seatbelt at 1:49 a.m. Dec. 21 at Melrose and North avenues after giving police a false name and date of birth. Sanders was then released to Stone Park police on a failure to appear warrant for a battery charge.
• Daniel F. Hurtado, 52, of the 2500 block of South St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, was charged with obstructing identification, not having a valid driver's license, no insurance and having only one headlight at 5:57 a.m. Dec. 22 at Diversey Avenue and York Street.
Possession of marijuana charged
Emmanuel J. Sullivan, 26, of the 1900 block of Herbert Avenue, Berkeley and Antoine R. Kirby, 26, of the 4500 block of Altgeld Street, Chicago, were charged with possession of marijuana at 11:53 a.m. Dec. 19 in the 900 block of South York Street.
Possession of drug paraphernalia charged, cited
• A 17-year-old was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding at 6:13 p.m. Dec. 17 at Wilson Street and Spring Road.
• Kevin Richardson, 26, of the 8500 block of West 45th Place, Lyons, was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:24 a.m. Dec. 18 at York Street and Fremont Avenue.
Underage drinking charged
Samantha N. Strawbridge, 19, of the 500 East Park Avenue, and Joanna L. Fuka, 20, of the 500 block of South Fairview Avenue, were charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor at 3:56 a.m. Dec. 22 at Vallette Street and Spring Road. Strawbridge was also charged with disobeying a traffic control device, not having a valid driver's license and operating a vehicle under age 21 with a blood alcohol level over zero.
Possession of alcohol in public charged
David Gornick, 46, of the 3500 block of Ruby Street, Franklin Park, was charged with possession of alcohol in public at 1:48 p.m. Dec. 19 in the 900 block of North York Street.
Fraudulent prescription reported
Someone filled a fraudulent prescription Dec. 11 for 120 325 milligram tablets of Norco using another person's information and insurance. The incident was reported at 10:40 a.m. Dec. 18 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
Theft by deception reported
Someone called an Elmhurst woman pretending to be her grandson. The caller claimed he was arrested for possession of marijuana in Mexico and needed bail money. The woman wired $5,160 to Western Union after four phone calls before a Western Union agent advised her that it was most likely a scam and to go to the police between 10 a.m. Dec. 16 and 4 p.m. Dec. 17 in the 600 block of South Prospect Avenue. The woman then called her daughter and learned her grandson was not in Mexico.
• A 15-year-old was charged with retail theft at 10:45 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 200 block of Route 83 after stealing $42.26 worth of makeup products.
• Joseph M. Fiore, 23, of the 1400 block of Indian Hill Drive, Bensenville, was charged with retail theft at 4:01 p.m. Dec. 20 in the 600 block of West North Avenue after he admitted to stealing two bottles of supplements Dec. 4.
• Brenda Villa, 20, of the 1400 block of Balmoral Court, Glendale Heights, was charged with retail theft at 6:19 p.m. Dec. 20 in the 200 block of Route 83.
• Rosalind Baker, 47, of the 100 block of West 50th Avenue, Bellwood, was charged with theft 8:29 p.m. Dec. 21 in the 800 block of Route 83 after stealing $470 from cash registers over a two-week period.
Identity theft reported
An Elmhurst man reported getting a survey from the Illinois Department of Revenue referencing his personal information at 12:27 p.m. Dec. 19 in the 400 block of Holly Avenue, but he had never contacted the department
Thefts, burglaries reported
• A wallet containing an Illinois driver's license, Illinois identification card, several credit cards and $163 in cash was reported stolen between 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. Dec. 19 from inside an unlocked car.
• Someone stole a Salvation Army money collection container with about $500 from its stand outside a store at 7 p.m. Dec. 19 in the 900 block of South York Street.
• A gold pendant and $600 in cash were reported stolen between 12:01 a.m. Dec. 2 and 12:01 a.m. Dec. 11 in the 400 block of West Butterfield Road.
• Two men stole three smart phones totaling $1,800 at 2:48 p.m. Dec. 20 in the 500 block of West St. Charles Road.
• Someone stole a basket full of items from a store at 3 p.m. Dec. 20 in the 100 block of North Robert T. Palmer Drive.
Attempted burglary reported
A rear window of a car was shattered between 10:45 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. Dec. 22 in the 400 block of North Berteau Avenue. Northing was taken from the car.
Disorderly conduct reported
Someone tried to steal two energy drinks, but when he was stopped by the store clerk, he became verbally aggressive and left before police arrived at 5 p.m. Dec. 19 in the 900 block of North York Street.
Criminal damage to property reported
• A man reported his wife scratched the name of his girlfriend "Monica," in the side of his car at 8:21 a.m. Dec. 20 in the 900 block of Weigel Avenue.
• Someone broke the driver's-side mirror of a parked car causing about $100 worth of damage between 7 p.m. Dec. 20 and 1:18 a.m. Dec. 21 in the Adelaide Street parking garage.
• A stop sign was reported bent at its base at 3:39 a.m. Dec. 21 at Third Street and Larch Avenue.
* A stop sign was reported bent at its base at 3:57 a.m. Dec. 21 at Third Street and Addison Avenue.
• A basement window was reported broken with a rock causing $100 worth of damage at 12:01 p.m. Dec. 21 in the 400 block of Commonwealth Lane.
A front door was reported egged at 7:28 p.m .Dec. 18 in the 300 block of North Highview Avenue.
Lost property reported
A license plate was reported lost at 1:43 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 400 block of North Addison Avenue.
A container of 18 boxes of Eversmoke menthol electronic cigarettes were found at 10 a.m. Dec. 19 in the 800 block of North York Road.