Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Jose Luiz Delgado, 36, of the 4100 block of Grove Avenue, Brookfield, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol after he was stopped at 26th Street and Oak Park Avenue for having an expired registration sticker at 1 a.m. Dec. 17. He refused field sobriety tests. He also was charged with driving with expired plates and having no insurance.
Burglary and theft reports
• A home was reported ransacked Dec. 17 in the 1200 block of South Harvey Avenue. Nothing appeared to be missing. Entry was gained through a forced rear door.
• An undetermined amount of cash was reported stolen from six cash registers at the Berwyn Fruit Market, 3811 Harlem Ave., on Dec. 17. All six of the cash registers had been pried open. Entry was gained through a broken front window.
• A ladder, extension cords, a television and a small amount of cash were reported stolen from a garage Dec. 16 in the 1800 block of South Kenilworth Avenue. Entry was gained through a forced service door.
• A green, 1997 Jeep Cherokee was reported stolen Dec. 13 from the 2400 block of South Oak Park Avenue.
• Jewelry worth $10,000 and a television were reported stolen Dec. 14 from a home in the 1900 block of South Wesley Avenue. There was no evidence of forced entry.
• A Samsung Galaxy Note 3 valued at $725 was reported stolen Dec. 14 from AT&T Midwest Cellular, 6621 W. Ogden Ave. A man reportedly grabbed the phone and left the store, then fled in a gold or tan vehicle.
Gang fight ends in injuries
Cicero police responded to a call of a gang fight and found injured victims who had been attacked by a group of males and females at 11 p.m. Dec. 17 in the 1800 block of 49th Avenue.
The victims had been struck with a bat, bottle and a tire iron. A backpack containing personal items was taken by one of the male subjects who fled on foot while the females fled in a black Chevy Tahoe.
One of the described males was apprehended in the 1600 block of 49th Court and positively identified. Alejandro Ceja, 21, of Cicero, was charged with armed robbery and aggravated battery.
Cicero police report parcel thefts on rise
Cicero police officials are urging residents to be mindful of a rash of thefts of delivered parcels from porches, hallways and mail boxes being reported this holiday season.
Police said Federal Express apparently is leaving many parcels between doors and they are being taken from those locations.
There were reports last year of organized groups following the trucks as they were making deliveries and picking up the packages that had just been delivered.
Burglary and theft reports
• A furnace, air conditioning unit and coil were stolen from a residence in the 5300 block of West 23rd Place Dec. 18. Entry was gained through a forced rear door.
• A Thermos bottle, garage door opener and personal papers were reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 3800 block of South Lombard Avenue at 7:30 a.m. Dec. 18. Entry was gained through a broken passenger window.
• A red, 1996 Nissan Sentra wad reported stolen from the 5000 block of West 31st Street at 8:30 a.m. Dec. 18..
• A white, 2000 Strick trailer was reported stolen from the 3400 block of South Cicero Avenue at 6 a.m. Dec. 18.
• A black backpack containing hand tools, a multi-grinder and a Dell laptop computer were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1200 block of South 57th Court Dec. 13. Entry was gained through a rear window.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 5900 block of West Cermak Road Dec. 17.
• A bicycle, stainless steel sink, an inoperable window air conditioner and copper tubing were reported stolen from a garage in the 1600 block of South 49th Avenue at 6 a.m. Dec. 15. Entry was gained by removing a a padlock from a service door.
• A JVC stereo, JVC amp, iPod Touch, and several DVDs were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1900 block of South Laramie Avenue at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 13. Entry was gained from a broken passenger window.
• A Kenmore stereo CD player was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1800 block of South Laramie Avenue at 10:25 p.m. Dec. 15. Entry was gained through a broken passenger window.
• A silver, 2004 Hyundai Sonata was reported stolen from the 5600 block of West 35th Street at 9 p.m. Dec. 12.