Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Brothers allegedly strike police officer in bar
James M. Desanto, 23, and Anthony E. Desanto, 27, both of the zero to 100 block of Stonegate Road, La Grange Park, were both charged with aggravated battery to a police officer and resisting arrest after James kicked an officer in the chest and Anthony elbowed an officer in the chest during an altercation at 3:37 a.m. Dec. 15 at a hotel bar in the 9200 block of 31st Street. Police responded to the bar for a fight and told all patrons to leave, but the brothers refused.
James M. Desanto also was charged with criminal trespass. William B. McCready, 26, of the 800 block of Forest Road, La Grange Park, was charged with criminal trespass for refusing to leave the bar.
DUI, child endangerment
Jessica Martinez, 26, of the 5500 block of South Kildare Avenue, Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after police observed her vehicle strike a curb twice and pulled her over at 11:59 p.m. Dec. 15 in the 9500 block of Ogden Avenue. She also was charged with child endangerment after police found two children asleep in the vehicle, neither of them secured in a seat belt.
Damage to village property
Abror Babakhanou, 45, of Brooklyn, N.Y., was charged with damage to village property after his truck hit a speed limit sign and fire hydrant at 9:27 a.m. Dec. 10 at Rochester Avenue and Dubois Boulevard.
• An iPod mini was stolen from a residence at 7:21 p.m. Dec. 14 in the 3100 block of Sunnyside Avenue.
• A catalytic converter was stolen from a vehicle at 10:35 p.m. Dec. 11 in the 4000 block of Blanchan Avenue.
• A thermal imaging camera, car battery and jumper cables were stolen from an unlocked truck at 1:49 p.m. Dec. 13 in the 2900 block of Prairie Avenue.
• A catalytic converter was stolen from a vehicle between 5 p.m. Dec. 13 and 8 p.m. Dec. 15 in the 4500 block of Grove Avenue.
A rivet gun was stolen from a garage at 7:13 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 3500 block of Sunnyside Avenue.
• Marilyn Manrique, 23, of the 2100 block of Wenonah Avenue, Berwyn, was charged with DUI of alcohol after police observed her drinking from a bottle of cognac while driving at 11:30 p.m. Dec. 14 in the 3300 block of Harlem Avenue.
• Osvaldo L. Maldonado, 33, of the 4200 block of West Haddon Avenue, Chicago, was charged with DUI of alcohol after being pulled over for speeding at 3:13 a.m. Dec. 15 in the 4000 block of Harlem Avenue.
Hit and run
A driver whose vehicle rear-ended another vehicle drove away from the scene at 6:19 p.m. Dec. 9. The collision occurred at Harlem Avenue and Burlington Street.
Christmas decorations were damaged at a residence in the 100 block of Longcommon Road, as reported at 11:40 a.m. Dec. 11.
• An iPhone 5 was stolen from a student at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 9 at Riverside Brookfield High School.
• A UPS package containing cookies from France was stolen from a residence at 5:18 p.m. Dec. 11 in the 300 block of Burlington Street.
• A wallet and cellphone were stolen from a man’s jacket while he was at a taekwondo class at 7:24 p.m. Dec. 12 in the zero to 100 block of Pine Avenue.
Man arrested for DUI punches paramedic
Jonathan P. Duddleston, 25, of the 4100 block of Maple Avenue, was charged with battery after punching a paramedic in the arm while being transported in an ambulance to MacNeal Hospital after he was taken into custody for DUI of alcohol.
Daniel Miranda, 26, of the 4300 block of South Sacramento Avenue, Chicago, was charged with DUI of alcohol after his vehicle struck a light pole at 2:46 a.m. Dec. 14 in the 8200 block of Ogden Avenue.
• Two men stole a 30-pack case of Miller High Life beer at 12:19 a.m. Dec. 12 from Speedway, 8716 Ogden Ave.
• The owner of a car wash in the 7700 block of West 43rd Street reported $200 in quarters was stolen from a change machine between 8 and 8:30 p.m. Dec. 16 at the car wash.