Police reports for Elmhurst
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Agnes Kowalska, 47, of the 6200 block of West Holbrook Street, Chicago, was charged with two counts of aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, driving while license revoked, improper lane usage, improper parking on the roadway and no headlights at 11:06 p.m. Dec. 13 at York and Madison streets. Mizek Piottrowski, 61, and Lucyna Owierczuk, 47, both of the 100 block of East St. Mary's Street, Minooka, were charged with illegal transportation of alcohol. Owierczuk was also charged with permitting a driver under the influence of alcohol to drive.
• A juvenile was charged with improper backing, not having a valid driver's license, violating curfew, consumption of alcohol by a minor and zero tolerance for driving while under the influence of alcohol as a minor at 1:43 a.m. Dec. 15 in the 600 block of Bryan Street after hitting a parked car while backing out of a driveway. Another juvenile with her was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor and violating curfew.
Domestic battery charged
Juan F. Gutierrez, 40, of the 800 block of Spring Road, was charged with domestic battery at 1:32 a.m. Dec. 14 at his home. Police also removed two rifles and a pistol from his home.
Richard C. Bugielski, 90, of the 2400 block of West Martindale Drive, Westchester, was charged with failure to yield to a pedestrian at 6:51 p.m. Dec. 15 at York and Madison streets after hitting a pedestrian with his car. The Elmhurst woman was transported to Elmhurst Memorial Hospital with minor injuries, but police have no information on her current condition.
Brandon A. Jackson, 25, of the 6400 block of South Paulina Street, Chicago, was charged with forgery and attempted unlawful acquisition of a controlled substance at 3:30 p.m. Dec. 15 in the 100 block of West North Avenue after trying to fill a fraudulent prescription.
Possession of marijuana charged
• Marcus W. Harper, 26, of the 400 block of Walnut Street, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and issued a warning for expired registration at 3:48 p.m. Dec. 12 at Route 83 and Second Street.
• Jesus Fuentes, 18, of the 800 block of Joyce Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged with possession of marijuana at 12:24 a.m. Dec. 16 in the 600 block of North County Line Road.
• Marisol L. Rodriguez, 31, of the 9200 block of Susy Lane, Schiller Park, was charged with retail theft at 4:49 p.m. Dec. 13 in the 200 block of Route 83 after stealing $83.92 worth of merchandise.
• Cynthia A. Lopez, 51, of the 800 block of Shenandoah Drive, Carol Stream, was charged with retail theft at 7:08 p.m. Dec. 16 in the 200 block of Route 83 after stealing $230.65 worth of merchandise.
Thefts, burglaries reported
• A purse was reported stolen between 11 and 11:45 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 400 block of West Butterfield Road.
• Someone broke into a home and ransacked a jewelry box between 10:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Dec. 10 in the 600 block of West Gladys Avenue.
• A purse containing about $90 in cash was reported stolen between 5:30 and 7 p.m. Dec. 9 in the 1200 block of South York Road.
• A Dell Inspirion 3521 Notebook worth $500 was reported stolen at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 11 in the 300 block of Sherman Avenue after it was delivered by FedEx, but before the purchaser received it.
• Boxes of diabetic test strips were reported stolen from inside an unlocked car between 11:59 p.m. Dec. 11 and 11:48 a.m. Dec. 12 in the 400 block of North York Road.
• Someone stole a pair of prescription sunglasses, a black, white and orange Harley Davidson jacket, two motorcycle guardian bells and two Harley Davidson gas pump ornaments totaling $441 from inside an unlocked car between 10:15 p.m. Dec. 13 and 3 p.m. Dec. 15 in the 100 block of Fellows Court.
Suspicious circumstances reported
A woman driving a silver minivan stopped and asked a boy on his way home from the bus stop if he lived near by and wanted a ride home at 5:15 p.m. Dec. 10 at Van Auken Street and North End Avenue.
False police report charged
Lajuanse McCann, 35, of the 4800 block of West Thomas Street, Chicago, was charged with calling a false police report and obstructing a police officer at 10:02 p.m. Dec. 14 after calling in a domestic disturbance only to see if her boyfriend was at a residence. She also gave police a false name and birthdate.
Public intoxication cited
Robert L. Baldwin, 64, of the 300 block of George Street, Bensenville, was cited for public intoxication at 1:09 p.m. Dec. 15 at North and Larch avenues.
Criminal damage to property reported
• A window building was reported broken at 8:13 a.m. Dec. 10 in the 600 block of North York Street.
• Lamp bulbs were broken on the Christmas decorations by the City Centre fountain between 9:33 p.m. Dec. 6 and 10:24 a.m. Dec. 11 in the 100 block of Schiller Street.
• A car was keyed at 5 p.m. Dec. 14 in the 100 block of West First Street.
• Ten strands of Christmas lights were cut at 4:30 a.m. Dec. 15 in the 400 block of Ridgeland Avenue.
Damage to property reported
Two branches were broken during a vehicle crash at 12:09 a.m. Dec. 13 at Adelia and York streets.
Telephone threat reported
A woman reported someone left her a voicemail saying he had people watching her and she was going to get beat up at 3:31 p.m. Dec. 10 in the 200 block of West First Street.
• Two license plates were reported missing between noon and 3:32 p.m. Dec 10 in the 300 block of West Grand Avenue.
• A license plate was reported lost at 2:55 p.m. Dec. 5 in the 700 block of North York Street.