Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Wheaton Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Dative Akimpuhwe, 24, of the 1700 block of East Roosevelt Road, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage at 10:17 p.m. Dec. 3 at Main Street and Roosevelt Road in Glen Ellyn.
• Stephen J. Strenk, 52, of the 500 block of Appaloosa Court, Carol Stream, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage at 5:03 p.m. Dec. 3 at Church and County Farm roads.
• Jeffrey R. Alexander, 25, of the 500 block of North Blanchard Avenue, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding and improper lane usage at 2:11 a.m. Nov. 30 at Naperville and West Loop roads.
Assault and battery
• Stephen L. Anderson, 50, of the 500 block of Cochise Place, Carol Stream, was charged with assault, resisting or obstructing an officer and violation of an order of protection at 10:34 a.m. Dec. 5 at 421 N. County Farm Road.
• Tracy E. Krupp, 38, of 8 Sterling Circle, was charged with domestic battery and aggravated assault at 3:30 p.m. Nov. 30 at Central DuPage Hospital.
• A laptop and an iPad were reported stolen from an unsecured vehicle between 6:30 and 6:45 p.m. Dec. 5 at 202 Bach Court.
• A black tool box and other tools were stolen from a basement between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 100 block of West Illinois Street.
• A woman attempted to steal a shopping basket full of food items and after she observed that store employees were watching her, she abandoned the basket and fled the scene between 11:10 and 11:15 a.m. Dec. 3 at 2031 N. Main St.
• Brooke A. Krock, 33, of the 1100 block of Pratt Drive, Palatine, was charged with retail theft and forgery at 11:30 p.m. Nov. 29 at the Palatine Police Department.
• Andrezej Ignaciuk, 27, of the 1100 block of Pratt Drive, Palatine, was charged with retail theft at 11:30 p.m. Nov. 29 at the Palatine Police Department.
Criminal damage and defacement
• The exterior rear wall of a building was defaced between 12 p.m. Nov. 27 and 8 a.m. Dec. 3 in the 100 block of East Wesley Street.
• The cover of a sign at a property owned by Community Unit School District 200 was found cracked between 7:45 a.m. and 8:59 a.m. Dec. 2 at 130 W. Park Ave.
• The rear driver side quarter panel of a vehicle was damaged in a way consistent with a BB or similar pellet between 4 p.m. Nov. 27 and 1:37 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 900 block of South Lorraine Road.