Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Irwin A. Jackman, 41, of the 400 block of Argyle Avenue was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 8:25 p.m. Nov. 24 at his home.
• Peter Pereira, 27, of the 300 block of North Larch Avenue was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, disobeying a traffic control signal and no insurance at 12:08 a.m. Nov. 21 at York Street and North Avenue.
• Daren A. Wagner, 38, of the 8200 block of Ozaham Avenue, Niles, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, not having insurance, illegal transportation of alcohol and failure to reduce speed at 6:10 p.m. Nov. 21 at York and Third streets.
• Ryan Earley, 24, of the 500 block of Gary Avenue, Wheaton, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of a dangerous weapon, speeding and driving without headlights at 1:07 a.m. Nov. 23 at North Avenue and Route 83 after he was found in possession of brass knuckles.
Possession of marijuana charged
• Francis Derobertis, 19, of the 500 block of Armitage Avenue, and Simon Santacruz, 20, of the 800 block of North Van Auken Street were charged with possession of marijuana at 10:13 p.m. Nov. 21 at Van Auken Street and North End Avenue. Derobertis was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of a controlled substance for having Ambien.
• Adam Kappes, 26, of the 11500 block of West Grand Avenue, Melrose Park was charged with possession of marijuana and driving while license revoked at 12:44 a.m. Nov. 24 at Lake Street and Interstate 290 after police saw him throw a bag of marijuana out the window while stopping. Passenger Joshua Kappes, 24, of the 11500 block of West Grand Avenue, Melrose Park was also charged with illegal transportation of alcohol and transported to DuPage County Jail on an outstanding warrant.
Credit card fraud reported
Unauthorized charges at various locations in Elmhurst totaling $450 were reported at 5:17 p.m. Nov. 18 in the 600 block of West North Avenue several months after the card was stolen and supposedly disabled.
A vehicle was reported stolen between 3 p.m. Nov. 5 and 3:19 p.m. Nov. 21 in the 400 block of Lake Street.
Possession of marijuana reported
Police were called to York High School for a student who was found to have a marijuana pipe at 5:06 p.m. Nov. 21 in the 300 block of West St. Charles Road. The student admitted to throwing marijuana out a school bus window.
Public intoxication cited
Margaret Sack, 23, of the 100 block of North Myrtle Avenue, was cited for public intoxication at 8:21 p.m. Nov. 23 in the 100 block of North Elm Avenue.
• Hadija Mohamed-Mohse, 20, of the 3800 block of South Redwood Road, West Valley, Utah was charged with retail theft at 7:39 p.m. Nov. 23 in the 200 block of Route 83 after stealing a box of Crest White Strips.
• A minor was charged with retail theft at 8:17 p.m. Nov. 23 in the 300 block of Route 83 after stealing a pair of gloves and iPod charger, worth $23. Kyle Krage, 21, of the 100 block of South Addison Road was also charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor after arranging for the minor's sister to call the police station pretending to be her mother.
Theft by deception reported
An Elmhurst man reported he paid someone he met on Facebook $1,000 because she told him she needed it to get home. The man reported not being able to contact the woman on Facebook at 12:39 p.m. Nov. 20 in the 900 block of Cadwell Avenue.
Theft of services reported
A taxi driver reported driving a man to Elmhurst Hospital where the man asked her to keep the meter running but didn't return within an hour before the taxi left to pick up another passenger at 3:28 p.m. Nov. 21 in the 100 block of East Brush Hill Road. Total fare lost was $76.60.
Thefts, burglaries reported
• Someone stole $1,000 in cash from an envelope between noon Sept. 20 and 11 p.m. Sept. 21 during a wedding in the 200 block of Prospect Avenue. The incident was reported Nov. 22.
• A staple gun, nail gun and a 25-gallon compressor were stolen from a new construction home between 6 p.m. Nov. 20 and 8:05 a.m. Nov. 22 in the 200 block of East Wilson Avenue.
• A yellow and black toolbox containing miscellaneous Craftsman tools was stolen from inside an unlocked car parked in a driveway between 8 p.m. Nov. 21 and 10 a.m. Nov. 22 in the 500 block of North Walnut Street.
Identity thefts reported
• Someone opened a fraudulent Verizon Wireless account and ordered 11 phones online between 5:19 p.m. Nov. 15 and 5:20 p.m. Nov. 21 in the 400 block of West Fullerton Avenue, but the order was canceled before shipment.
• An unauthorized withdrawl was made from an Elmhurst woman's bank account at noon Oct. 24 in Kalamazoo.
• A woman's reward points were used to purchase two round-trip Southwest Airlines tickets at 3:22 p.m. Nov. 24 in the 200 block of East Church Street.
Criminal damage to property
• Four juveniles were seen fleeing the scene of a broken window, valued at $100, at 7:37 p.m Nov. 22 in the 200 block of Claremont Street where police received multiple calls about ding-dong ditching.
• All four tires on two cars parked in a driveway were slashed between 7 p.m. Nov. 20 and 7 p.m. Nov. 21 in the 300 block of North River Glen Avenue.
Construction hours violated
Anthony Carolan, 62, of the 900 block of Prospect Avenue, was cited for violating construction hours at 6:36 a.m. Nov. 20 in the 700 block of South Bryan Street.
• Dealership plates were reported missing from a vehicle that was repossessed at 1:11 p.m. Nov. 20 in the 700 block of West Grand Avenue.
• A black leather wallet containing reward cards, a library card and debit card was lost between noon Nov. 21 and 3:53 p.m. Nov. 22 in the 100 block of First Street.
A red Schwinn bike was found at 3:22 p.m. Nov. 21 in the 900 block of South York Street.