Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
A resident in the 700 block of Randall Road called police because of messages written on a tree in shaving cream at 4:05 p.m. Nov. 18. The village was able to wash the shaving cream off the tree. There are no suspects.
Eligio Berrera, 41, 5603 S. Loomis Blvd., Chicago, was charged with theft at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 19 at the police station.
Thefts, burglaries reported
• A Macbook laptop and 10 library books were reported stolen from a vehicle parked between 8 and 9:30 p.m. Nov. 20 in the 1400 block of Butterfield Road.
• Two phones were reported stolen from a store between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of Ogden Avenue. There are no suspects.
• Someone damaged two clothes dryers to steal quarters in a laundry room in the 2000 block of Prentiss Drive between 4 p.m. Nov. 18 and 11 a.m. Nov. 19. Damage was estimated at $340 and police did not say how many quarters were taken. There are no suspects.
• Two pairs of Maui Jim sunglasses, a Garmin GPS unit and $20 in cash were reported stolen from a vehicle parked between 8 p.m. Nov. 19 and 11 a.m. Nov. 20 in the 1700 block of Alamance Place. There are no suspects.
• Someone cut a catalytic converter from underneath a vehicle parked between 7:30 a.m. and 4:50 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 3200 block of Highland Avenue. There are no suspects.
Grzegorz M. Rygiel, 19, 7383 Grand Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana at 8:59 p.m. Nov. 19 in the 7300 block of Grand Avenue.
Domestic battery charges
• Lisa M. Cottrill, 41, 5501 Washington Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with domestic battery at her residence.
• Helga B. Seno, 73, 1140 Valley View Drive, Downers Grove, was charged with domestic battery at 5:39 p.m. Nov. 20 at her residence.
• Daniel M. Hester, 39, 4416 Florence Ave., was charged with domestic battery at 10:30 p.m. Nov. 18 at his residence.