Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Possession of heroin charged
• Matthew T. Rothblatt, 18, of the 300 block of Whirlaway Court, Wheaton, was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance and speeding at 11:11 a.m. Nov. 13 at Route 83 and Interstate 88 after he was found to have six bags of heroin.
• Ricardo Arsola-Mora, 30, of the 7400 block of Camelia Drive, Hanover Park, and Jose M. Carlos, 27, of the 400 block of Chase Terrace, Streamwood, were charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance at 12:05 p.m Nov. 13 at Route 83 and Interstate 290 after they were found to have heroin and Xanax. Arsola-Mora was also charged with failure to signal.
• Danielle Barkzyk, 20, of the 0 to 100 block of La Crosse Court, Algonquin, was charged with unlawful possesion of a controlled substance and speeding at 1:50 p.m. Nov. 13 at Interstate 290 and Church Road after she was found with five bags of suspect heroin.
Michael Skreko, 27, of the 2900 block of Halifax Avenue, Westchester, was charged with battery at 12:13 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 100 block of North York Road.
Sean M. Cummings, 36, of the 1400 block of Surrey Road, Batavia, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, not having insurance, disobeying a stop sign and failure to reduce speed at 5:16 a.m. Nov. 17 at County Line Road and Lake Street.
Unlawful use of credit card charged
Armani Skulark, 21, of the 1100 block of South 19th Avenue, Maywood, was charged with unlawful use of a credit card at 12:17 p.m. Nov. 16 in the 100 block of North Addison Avenue after trying to obtain a cash advance on a credit card.
Someone tried to refill a fraudulent prescription for 120 Hydrocodone pills at 3:15 p.m. Nov. 17 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
• Miguel Gonzalez, 47, of the 1600 block of North 15th Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged with retail theft at 10:35 a.m. Nov. 15 in the 300 block of Route 83 after stealing three items of clothing.
• A minor was charged with retail theft and possession of alcohol by a minor at 7:08 p.m. Nov. 15 in the 100 block of Schiller Street after trying to steal a 24 pack of Heineken and two bottles of Captain Morgan.
• Hali T. Estrada, 26, of the 400 block of South Argyle Avenue, was charged with retail theft at 5:02 p.m. Nov. 16 in the 300 block of Route 83 after stealing two bracelets.
• Alfa Torres, 38, of the 500 block of West Division Street, Villa Park, was charged with retail theft at 8:28 p.m. Nov. 16 in the 300 block of Route 83 after stealing $78.39 worth of merchandise.
• Patrick M. Hackett, 18, of the 300 block of Buckingham Court, Lombard, was charged with retail theft at 4:21 p.m. Nov. 17 in the 300 block of Route 83.
Thefts, burglaries reported
• Various screw drivers, a hammer, flashlight and other tools, valued at $100 were reported stolen from a work van between 10 p.m. Nov. 13 and 1 a.m. Nov. 14 in the 400 block of West Wrightwood Avenue.
• A wallet containing $100, a social security card, driver's license and credit cards was stolen between 6 and 9 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 100 block of North York Road.
• A 16 GB Apple iPhone 5 worth $599 was reported stolen at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 16 in the 200 block of West First Street.
• Someone broke the lock on a van and stole more than $500 worth of equipment from inside on three separate occasions between Nov. 7 and Nov. 16, the most recent between 9 p.m. Nov. 15 and 3:45 p.m. Nov. 16, in the 500 block of West Grand Avenue.
• A cut lock, pried open door and eight 1/2 cases of stolen cigarettes were reported at 4:47 p.m. Nov. 17 in the 600 block of North York Road.
• A rear license plate was stolen between 9:30 a.m. Nov. 17 and 8 a.m. Nov. 18 in the 100 block of West First Street.
• A small black wooden chair worth $12 was stolen from near a front door between 7 p.m. Nov. 17 and 11 a.m. Nov. 18 in the 200 block of West First Street.
Underage drinking cited
• Maritza Carvajal, 18, of the 100 block of West Manchester Drive, Wheeling, was cited for consumption of alcohol by a minor at 12:53 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
• Katie Marie Danylevsky, 19, of the 21W100 block of Coronet Road, Lombard, was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor and being a minor on a licensed premise at 1:50 a.m. Nov. 17 in the 100 block of South York Road.
Breaking and entering reported
Signs of forced entry at a back door were reported after the homeowner heard someone inside her home at 7:57 p.m. Nov. 13 in the 900 block of South Stratford Avenue.
Computer virus reported
An email claiming to come from the FBI requesting $300 to remove a computer virus with illegal pornography attached was reported at 4:30 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 100 block of South Rex Boulevard.
Disorderly conduct reported
Someone sprayed an unknown substance on the windows and door handle of a parked car between 9 p.m. Nov. 13 and 5:20 a.m. Nov. 14 in the 200 block of North Larch Avenue.
Illegal dumping reported
Someone dumped CDs, DVDs, shoes, a television, latex purple gloves, a foot board, head board and two dressers into a dumpster at 2:31 p.m. Nov. 9.
Criminal damage to property reported
• Someone pulled the electrical cord connector off the wire of a string of Halloween lights causing $8 in estimated damage between 3 p.m. Oct. 16 and 4 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 300 block of North Walnut Street.
• Someone used black spray paint to vandalize an underpass between 1 p.m. Nov. 14 and 12:32 p.m. Nov. 18 at St. Charles Road and Salt Creek.
A minor was charged with being out past curfew when police found him riding his bike in the street at 1:23 a.m. Nov. 15 at York Street and Fremont Avenue.
Open burning charged
Adam J. Crocetti, 28, of the 500 block of North Emroy Avenue, was charged with open burning at 8:59 a.m. Nov. 16 at his home.