Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Aggravated resisting a police officer
Henry J. Safranek, 46, of Brookfield, was charged with two counts of aggravated resisting a police officer, criminal trespass and aggravated assault after a fight at a bar in the 8900 block of Burlington Avenue at 9:51 p.m. Nov. 9. He resisted arrest by five police officers and caused everyone involved to fall to the ground, injuring one officer, who was transported to La Grange Hospital.
James M. Schmidt, 36, of Brookfield, was charged with domestic battery after throwing a woman to the ground in the 4400 block of Eberly Avenue at 4:11 a.m. Nov. 9.
permit stolen from vehicle
A handicapped parking permit was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 3100 block of Elm Avenue at 2:52 p.m. Nov. 8.
Roosters on the loose
A resident was issued a local citation after police received a complaint about two roosters on the loose in the 3800 block of Park Avenue at 3:53 p.m. Nov. 7.
Counterfeit $100 bill used at gas station
A counterfeit $100 bill was used at a gas station in the 3100 block of Maple Avenue at 2:19 p.m. Nov 7.
Catalytic converter stolen
A catalytic converter was stolen off a vehicle in the 3500 block of Prairie Avenue, as reported at 10:11 a.m. Nov. 10.
The rear passenger side window of a vehicle in the 4500 block of Elm Avenue was broken out, as reported at 8:35 a.m. Nov. 10.
Burglary from motor vehicle
• Multiple electronic chargers, a Fossil watch and a GPS unit were stolen from a vehicle in the 3600 block of Vernon Avenue between 7 p.m. Nov. 6 and 7:31 a.m. Nov. 7.
• A cell phone was stolen from a vehicle in the 9000 block of Sheridan Avenue, as reported at 6:17 a.m. Nov. 7.
• A radio was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 4300 block of Blanchan Avenue, as reported at 12:53 p.m. Nov. 4.
• The battery of a vehicle parked in the 4500 block of Park Avenue was stolen Nov. 1.
• The glass was taken out of the driver’s side mirror of a vehicle in the 8900 block of Burlington Avenue on Oct. 31 or Nov. 1. The vehicle’s owner said this is the second time in the past few weeks that the incident has occurred.
• A tool set and spools of copper wire were stolen from a garage in the 3300 block of Oak Avenue, as reported at 12:18 p.m. Nov. 10.
• A GPS unit was stolen from a garage in the 3500 block of Sunnyside Avenue, as reported at 8:29 a.m. Nov. 7.
• A bicycle and tool kit were stolen from a garage in the 3100 block of Vernon Avenue, as reported at 8:30 p.m. Nov. 5.
An air compressor was stolen from a residence in the 2900 block of Maple Avenue between noon Nov. 2 and 4 p.m. Nov. 7.
Criminal damage to property
A window on a residence in the 3500 block of Sunnyside Avenue was damaged, as reported at 7:17 a.m. Nov. 4.
Bradley A. Vance, Jr., 30, of the 3500 block of South Archer Avenue, Chicago, was charged with disorderly conduct after a police officer observed him urinating in public at the Prairie Avenue train station at 1:31 p.m. Nov. 7.
Resident handcuffed by accident
Police responded to a call from a resident in the 100 block of Lincoln Avenue at 8:35 p.m. Nov. 5 who could not release her hands from a set of handcuffs, which she said were put on by accident.