Police reports for Hinsdale, Darien
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Hinsdale and Darien police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Theft charged, fire started
Riley McBride, 29, 429 S. Monroe St. was charged with theft between 8:41 and 9:16 p.m. Saturday at 600 W. Hinsdale Ave. Police were dispatched to a report of a suspicious person who was shining a flashlight on passing vehicles. While searching for the suspicious person, police observed a small brushfire in the parkway and spoke to a resident who reported lawn ornaments missing from the yard. The suspect was located walking in the 400 block of South Monroe Street and had burn holes in his clothes and was in possession of the items stolen from the victim's yard. The suspect is alleged to have started the brush fire.
Javier Francisco Espinoza-Hernandez, 42, 6200 S. Whipple St., Chicago, was charged with burglary from a motor vehicle between 10:42 and 10:57 a.m. May 9 at 40 S. Clay St. The arrest was made at 10 p.m. Nov. 4. The suspect entered the victim's vehicle and stole a lunch bag, jumper cables and a cell phone. The suspect then fled the scene as the victim returned to his vehicle.
Unlawful sale of tobacco charged
Garrett Swierenga, 24, 718 N. County Line Road (Shell), and Lisa Murphy, 44, 28 E. Hinsdale Ave. (News Agency), were charged with selling tobacco products to minors between 4:25 and 4:31 p.m. Nov. 7 at Hinsdale News Agency and Shell Mini Mart. The suspects sold tobacco to a 16-year-old male.
Fight breaks out at Hinsdale Central
A 17-year-old female juvenile from Willowbrook and a 16-year-old female juvenile from Clarendon Hills were charged with fighting at 7:45 a.m. Monday at Hinsdale Central High School, 5500 S. Grant St. The suspects were fighting in the cafeteria of the school.
Telephone harassment reported
• A known suspect sent a victim text messages of a threatening nature at 10:41 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of South Stough Street.
• A known suspect left telephone messages of a harassing nature at the victim's work between 10:28 a.m. Nov. 4 and 11:14 a.m. Nov. 5 at 15 Salt Creek Lane.
Residential burglary reported
A residential burglary was reported at 2:53 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of West Hickory Street. Police were dispatched to an activated burglar alarm and found a door leading to the basement forced open. Residents were not home at the time of the burglary and nothing was reported missing from the home.
Criminal damage reported
Three known suspects threw eggs at a victim's house at 11:45 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of West 8th Place. Suspects also left raw liver and anchovies on the porch and removed a gas cap on a vehicle parked in the driveway.
• Maurice Harris, 23, 7425 Woodward Ave., Woodridge, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal transportation of alcohol, speeding and improper lane usage on Oct. 23 at 75th and Adams streets.
• Peter Wittwer, 43, 134 Oxford Ave., Clarendon Hills, was charged with DUI alcohol, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and damage to city property in the 300 block of Plainfield Road on Oct. 25.
Gutis Stanevicius, 26, 4829 W. 109th St., Oak Lawn, was charged with battery on Oct. 27 at 7516 Cass Ave.
• Nidhi Sarman, 22, 732 Chesterfield Ave., Naperville, was charged with retail theft Oct. 30 at Walmart, 2189 75th St.
• Joanna Dobrovolny, 34, 405 Burlington Ave., Clarendon Hills, was charged with retail theft on Nov. 6 at Walmart.
• A student had an iPod Touch taken out of a purse at Hinsdale Central High School on Oct. 24.
• A student had an iPhone stolen from a classroom at Hinsdale South High School on Oct. 25. Two juveniles were charged with theft.
• A GPS unit was taken from an unlocked vehicle parked in the driveway in the 7600 block of Stratford Place on Oct. 26.
• A student had a cellphone taken at Hinsdale South High School on Oct. 28. A juvenile was charged with theft under local ordinance.
• A student had a cell phone taken during lunch at Hinsdale South High School on Nov. 4.
Several items were taken from an unlocked vehicle parked outside a residence Oct. 22 in the 6900 block of Clarendon Hills Road.