Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Armed robbery reported
Someone held a black handgun to a gas station employee and stole about $200 and several cartons of Newport cigarettes at 10:37 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
Liquor law violations cited
The following were cited for selling alcohol to a minor during an alcohol compliance check:
• Elena M. Tichevichka, 35, of the 13500 block of Lucky Lake Drive, Lake Forest, was cited at 5:09 p.m. Nov. 8 at Snuggery.
• Bhagvanji Bhalani, 60, of the 11900 block of Oregon Trail, Orland Park, was cited at 6:05 p.m. Nov. 8 at Williams Liquors.
• Gerri L. Dambra, 59, of the 900 block of Robinhood Lane, La Grange Park, was cited at 6:10 p.m. Nov. 8 at Jewel Osco on Schiller Street.
• Lleana Olivares-Flores, 30, of the 18W200 block of Knollwood Lane, Villa Park, was cited at 7:40 a.m. Nov. 8 at Back Alley Burger.
• Joshua W. Novy, 27, of the 4000 block of South Wabash Avenue, Chicago, was cited at 7:54 a.m. Nov. 8 at Kitchen Eatery.
Tobacco violation cited
Amanda Flores, 20, of the 2500 block of North Springfield Avenue was cited for selling cigarettes to a minor at 6:51 p.m. Nov. 8 at the Little Havana Cigar Shop.
• Jose Diaz, 32, of the 1200 block of South Lincoln Avenue, Addison, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and not having a driver's license at 1:24 a.m. Nov. 7 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• Leon Hopkins, 35, of the 1700 block of East 84th Street, Chicago, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and improper parking in the roadway at 1:40 a.m. Nov. 8 at York Street and Park Avenue.
• Jacob Kowalski, 20, of the 900 block of North East Avenue, Oak Park, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol under 21 and failure to yield to an emergency vehicle at 2:06 a.m. Nov. 10 at Diversey Avenue and York Street.
• Sierra Stegall, 20, of the 200 block of South 17th Avenue, Maywood, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and consumption of alcohol by a minor at 2:23 a.m. Nov. 10 in the 400 block of West Lake Street. Monique Scott, 20, of the 1700 block of South 7th Avenue, Maywood, was also charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Possession of marijuana charged
• A minor was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding at 11:03 p.m. Nov. 6 at Elm Park and West avenues.
• Lori Steinhagan, 55, of the 4400 block of Maple Avenue, Stickney, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of marijuana, speeding and driving without lights when required at 12:53 a.m. Nov. 9 at North Avenue and Route 83.
Public intoxication charged, cited
• Laura Flitter, 25, of the 500 block of West Grand Avenue was charged with pedestrian under the influence of alcohol in the roadway at 9:10 p.m. Nov. 5 at Industrial Drive and Diversey Avenue.
• Steven Southwell, 35, of the 400 block of West Grantley Avenue, was cited for public intoxication at 11:37 p.m. Nov. 6 at North and Elm avenues after police found him laying in the parkway grass highly intoxicated.
• Bradley Earls, 52, of the 700 block of Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was cited for public intoxication and open alcohol in public at 8:49 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 200 block of Route 83.
Possession of alcohol in public charged
• Mark V. Malchert, 56, of the 200 block of North Hampshire Avenue, was charged with possession of alcohol on public property at 9:09 a.m. Nov. 5 at the Illinois Prairie Path and Cherry Street.
• Robert Lee Baldwin, 64, of the 300 block of George Street, Bensenville, was charged with possession of open alcohol in public and disorderly conduct at 7:26 a.m. Nov. 6 in the 400 block of North York Road.
Disorderly conduct cited
Robert Baldwin, 64, of the 300 block of George Street, Bensenville, was cited for disorderly conduct at 7:06 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 300 block of North York Street.
Underage drinking cited
• Demarcus Semer, 19, of the 1400 block of Avenue O, Fort Pierce, Fla., was cited for possession of public property and consumption of alcohol by a minor at 1:22 a.m. Nov. 9 at Cottage Hill and Park avenue.
• Logan Stelzriede, 19, of the 700 block of Schroll Court, Forsyth, and Tyler Speich, 18, of the 2900 block of Sibling Court, Naperville were cited for consumption of alcohol by a minor and possession of alcohol in public at 1:31 a.m. Nov. 10 at Alexander Boulevard and Myrtle Avenue.
Counterfeit bill reported
• Two men used a counterfeit $100 bill to purchase a flower arrangement at 1:50 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 500 block of South York Street.
• Raul Flores, 29, of the 4800 block of West Belle Plaine Avenue, Chicago, was charged with theft and no headlight on his bicycle at 12:43 a.m. Nov. 5 at York Street and Fremont Avenue.
• Shirle D. Campbell, 54, of the 1500 block of Robin Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged with retail theft at 5:54 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 200 block of Route 83 after stealing items totaling $36.22.
Burglaries, thefts reported
• An Apple MacBook Pro, two Dell laptops, an XBOX 360, six XBOX video games, an Apple iPod and a pair of Beats headphones were reported stolen between 7 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Nov. 1 in the 800 block of Indiana Street.
• A pick line was reported stolen at 4:50 p.m. Nov. 4 at Elmhurst Memorial Hospital after a patient left with it in her arm without being released.
• A broken glass door was reported at 6:11 a.m. Nov. 6 in the 100 block of East Butterfield Road. A cash drawer was also pried from the register and moved to the back room, but no money was taken.
• Power cables leading to a generator were cut and 11 730 amp cables were stolen from inside a bin between 3 p.m. Nov. 5 and 6:45 a.m. Nov. 6 in the 600 block of West Lake Street.
• A front passenger side window was reported broken at 11:27 p.m. Nov. 6 in the 600 block of West North Avenue. A silver Mac laptop worth $1,600 and a HP laptop worth $500 were also stolen.
• Several packs of cigarettes, worth $120, were stolen from inside an unlocked car between 8:30 a.m. Nov. 1 and 5 p.m. Nov. 4.
• Wires and electrical items were stolen and the steering column of a plow truck stripped, totaling $500 in damage, between 10 a.m. Nov. 7 and 10 a.m. Nov 8 in the 600 block of West Lake Street.
• A Hitachi 15-inch chop saw and a red Honda 6500 watt generator were reported stolen at 7:11 a.m. Nov. 9 in the 900 block of South Riverside Drive.
Attempted burglary reported
A rear exit door with scrape marks on it was reported at 10:57 p.m. Nov. 4 in the 800 block of Larch Avenue. Nothing appeared to be stolen.
Identity theft reported
Unauthorized purchases of $9,804.60 and $765.55 were reported between 3:02 p.m. Oct. 31 and 4:40 p.m. Nov. 1 in the 700 block of 700 block of South Fairfield Avenue after a man offered several of his credit card numbers to someone he called after receiving a letter in the mail that appeared to be from Publisher's Clearing House.
Deceptive practice reported
A woman reportedly ordered several parts, which were delivered to her home, but she hasn't paid her $1,725 bill.
Criminal damage to property reported
• A smashed glass pane was reported at 12:22 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 100 block of West Grand Avenue.
• A windshield was reportedly smashed with a pumpkin, causing approximately $500 worth of damage between 7:10 and 10 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 800 block of North Van Auken Street.
Damage to city property reported
A city street light was found laying in a resident's yard at 8:25 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 200 block of North Berteau Avenue.
Lost property reported
An Illinois driver's license was reported missing at 1:14 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 300 block of West Brush Hill Road.
• A minor was cited for truancy at 7:35 a.m. Nov. 5 in the 300 block of West St. Charles Road.
• A minor was cited for truancy at 9 a.m. Nov. 8 in the 300 block of East St. Charles Road.
A black bag reported stolen from a car in Schaumburg was found at 7:11 a.m. Nov. 8 in the 100 block of East Butterfield Road.